Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Center Console or Go Fast? >

Center Console or Go Fast?

Notices
View Poll Results: What would you rather have in a 38' boat?
38 Center Console
49.07%
38 Go Fast
50.93%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Center Console or Go Fast?

Old 07-25-2006, 10:46 AM
Screamin' Nuts
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Center Console or Go Fast?

Originally Posted by by U Boy
were You At Seabrook Beach Club Sat. If That Was You That Boat Is Awsome I Have Always Wanted A Larger Cc But I Just Cant Seem To Get Rid Of The 21. I Also Would Rather Spend The Time In My Scarab.
was not out last Saturday but if it ever stops raining will be out this weekend .
Attached Thumbnails Center Console or Go Fast?-donzi2.jpg   Center Console or Go Fast?-donzi1.jpg   Center Console or Go Fast?-donzi3.jpg  

Old 07-25-2006, 10:47 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Another thing to keep in mind with the CC w/ outboards is the ability to run SLOW when the conditions dictate .... just enough to stay on plane in the rough with out getting the **** knocked outta ya .... something that many traditional go-fast's are unable to do , especially the way most are propped , and rigged with higher X dim. for top speed numbers ect ...

If I could only have one , I'd have to vote for the CC ... NO QUESTION !!!
Old 07-25-2006, 10:48 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was told this boat was running 83/84 mph with 4 250 mercs, I was told he now has 4 300 optimax on it ,I would love to no for sure,and how fast it is!
Attached Thumbnails Center Console or Go Fast?-38te_mn.jpg   Center Console or Go Fast?-0508070037.jpg  

Last edited by rush; 07-25-2006 at 11:40 AM.
Old 07-25-2006, 11:21 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by hammer01
HOW DOES THE CC HANDLE ROUGH WATER WITH IT BEING SO MUCH LIGHTER TYPICALLY THAN ITS COMPARABLE GO-FAST, MEANING 38 LIGHTNING TO A 38 CC FOUNTAIN AS AN EXAMPLE. JUST CURIOUS IF YOU GET A LITTLE MORE WAVE POUNDING DUE TO LESS REINFORCEMENT IN THE FRONT. TIA HAMMER
The 38TE Fountain CC I have is a 10'6" beam and the ride can not be compared to the 38 Fountain Lightning with it's 8'3" beam. Plus my 38TE weight somewhere around 13-14 thousand lbs under normal load.
Old 07-25-2006, 11:22 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by rush
I was told this boat was running 83/84 mph with 4 250 mercs, I was told he now has 4 300 optimax on it ,I would love to for shur,and how fast it is!
I rode on that Hooter boats at the 2005 Miami boat show. Totally awesome. We hit 81 going out Gov Cut with 5 people and 3/4 fuel just flying over the waves.
Old 07-25-2006, 11:24 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by LEOPAJM
Another thing to keep in mind with the CC w/ outboards is the ability to run SLOW when the conditions dictate .... just enough to stay on plane in the rough with out getting the **** knocked outta ya .... something that many traditional go-fast's are unable to do , especially the way most are propped , and rigged with higher X dim. for top speed numbers ect ...

If I could only have one , I'd have to vote for the CC ... NO QUESTION !!!

that is an awesome point and one technique I use often when the water turn rough with people on board not use to boating.
Old 07-25-2006, 11:30 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by THEJOKER
Performance Center Consoles Mike - heck ya. I think the narrow beam big boats 8ft - 8.5 (38ft) would do well in the rough. What speeds would be attained? Say 8-9 thousand lbs w/ triple Verados? Financing , insurance would be much easier on the wallet , right?
Joker...right on with the insurance situation. I have a perfect driving record...no speeding tickets in 6 years...perfect credit with a score over 740, own my house on the water and I have been calling about insurance on a 38 or 42 Fountain and hardly anybody will touch me...plus no one will do wind storm damage. The performance boat industry right now is in or going into a big sales slump with gas prices at marinas around $3.80-$4 a gallon, insurance problems, higher finance rates and the overall economy. It use to be so easy to buy and insure a performance boat.
Old 07-25-2006, 11:30 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

i will admit center consoles are fun when you want to have 10 people on board ( but on the real when will you have that much people). But there is nothing like pulling up some where bar, restaurant and everyone hating you because of how loud your boat is.....or just ripping it in the ocean on a long slick close deck Topgun at 108 mph on 2-3 footers...that's all worth the maintenance

mike
Old 07-25-2006, 11:33 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by FeverMike
WOW, this is closer than I thought with OSO being a performance site.
I'm astonished. I wonder sometimes about who's on here. I used to thing it was hard-core go-fast enthusiasts. I'm coming to find that there are a bunch of tennage kids and no-boat guys as well. If you want to tool around with a bunch of broads and kids, the CC is a good choice plus it lets you take an occasional blast. If you want to run with the big boys, you gotta' ante up with a real boat.

Depends alot on where you're at too. If you're on some little inland lake the offshore might be a bit much. On the Great Lakes or open ocean, you'll never look back.
Old 07-25-2006, 12:01 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dependability is a big factor w/ the egg beaters too. Going to The Bahamas and tooling around I'd take the CC. We broke a drive in a 38 TG coming back from Grand Bahama (middle of the Gulfstream). Oh yea guess who rescued me from a long idle home? , OSO Steve!

Quick Reply: Center Console or Go Fast?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.