Notices

HUGH Thank You to Scott Shogren & Team

Old 07-25-2006, 10:10 AM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default HUGH Thank You to Scott Shogren & Team

With all the bad news that's going on in the boating world, I'd like to take a few minutes to talk about some of the good.
A few years back I was introduced to Scott Shogren at our clubs winter party after the Chicago boat show. Reggie Fountain introduced him to all of us as the "new" Fountain and performance dealer here in the chicagoland area. Since then, Scott and I have gotten to be good friends. Let me tell ya what he did for me in the past month.

I needed some parts that were no longer available from Fountain since our 10 mtr. is an 1989. Scott went through all the recources he had to hunt down what I needed. The factory has'nt had these parts in many years, and they are currently no longer available. Scott had the factory go back several years in paperwork, and look up who used to make these parts. They were a "special" custom order, and I really needed them to finish my boat for our Chicago Poker run. Scott put a special "rush order" on them and had them sent right to my house. Along with the order, was an invoice. When I called to say I recieved them, Scott told me to pay "his dealer" price!!!!!!! Is that unbelievable? WOW, 1st I can't even get what I need, and then he has it made for me at his cost. What a guy. But wait, it gets better.
At the poker run last friday, I handed Scott a check for the parts, which were just short of $500. He hands me the check back, and tells me to give it to the Childrens Memorial hospital charity in his name. Do you believe that????? But wait, it gets even better.

With all of our boats in the water friday night, mine included, he makes me an offer. Scott says since the water's so brutal out there, and on friday the waves were coming over the decks of the 47's while they went out to check thing over, he asks me to drive his new 42 with the 700 SCI package. He says that this way my wife Lois won't get beat up so bad. What an offer !!!!! My wife was so glad when I told her that, cause she said that she really did'nt want to go out in those 6+ footers in our 33.

Scott in my eyes is a great friend, a superb business man, and a very caring person. I have never heard one person say anything negative about him or the way he runs his business. To do all that for me and then donate the monies to the charity, really tells you what someone's all about. But wait, it get even better yet !!!!!!!!!

One of Scotts boats, won the winning hand in the poker run, At the awards banquet when he was called up to the stage to accept his 1st place trophy and monies he was owed, he made a little anouncement.
He wanted to give the monies back!!!!! He told us that he wanted to donate half the money to the charity, and the other half to the club for all of our hard work in making the event such a success.

So, in closing here, this is the kind of person Scott Shogren is. He is truely a kind hearted person that constantly goes out of his way to help others all the time.
Scott and his lovely wife Kelly are first class all the way. People don't get any kinder than this. The whole Shogren team at the dealership is the same way. Anytime you go there, we're always greeted with friendly smiles and warm hello's. Anyone that has'nt been to his showroom, really should try to stop in and say hello. It'll be something that you'll remember for a long time, not to mention all the hardware that he keeps on hand.

Scott, Kelly, and crew, Thank you for making our weekend a most memorable one.

Frank & Lois

Kelly,(in the pink) and Scott.
the lunch stop
Scott in his 38 with Wyatt
Attached Thumbnails HUGH Thank You to Scott Shogren & Team-image00059.jpg   HUGH Thank You to Scott Shogren & Team-image00048.jpg   HUGH Thank You to Scott Shogren & Team-image00068.jpg  

www.chicagopowerboat.com

Last edited by 10x; 07-25-2006 at 10:21 AM.
Old 07-25-2006, 10:20 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: HUGH Thank You to Scott Shogren & Team

Scott had 4 boats that he paid for to enter the poker run. The decks were mixed and shuffled by 4 different people and spread out on the table in front of 200-300 people. He had 4 "9's" and that what won. Most poker runs that I have gone to, that hand would NOT normally win. I usually get suspicious when a sponsor wins but I personally guarantee that there was no funny business going on.

Mark Smith

Last edited by MarkSmith; 07-25-2006 at 09:27 PM.
Old 07-25-2006, 10:23 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

frank your on the money, scott is a great guy and i had a blast at the sarasota pr when we rode with him on the 47 he brought to the pr. a classy guy all the way around. i wish there were more good hearted honest people like him in the boating industry.
Old 07-25-2006, 11:44 AM
Registered

Cheers, keep up the good work Shogren team!!!!! KS
Old 07-25-2006, 12:22 PM
Registered

We were fortunate to meet Scott during the Miami Boat Show this past year. He spent almost two hours talking to us as we are very interested in the Fountains, however we have never riden in one.

Scott graciously invited us to come to Chicago at anytime so we could ride a 38' and 42' Fountain. When we begin boat shopping (in the next year???) we will take him up on his offer.

We look forward to meeting him again.

Rob and Barb Sample
Fairport Harbor OH
Old 07-25-2006, 12:51 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Frank that is great, CPC is sure lucky to have him as a club member and supporter Way to go Scott
Old 07-25-2006, 12:57 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I know Driven1 bough his new 47 from Shorgren and was very happy. Maybe I need to call them if I decide to trade in my new 38TE for a 42....hummmm! I local Fountain dealer is good and have been very happy with there service it's just they do nothing with performance boats or clean used performance boats. I wish Shogren was near me.

10X thanks for the positive post! Shogren thanks for having a kind heart!
Old 07-25-2006, 02:46 PM
Registered

Thumbs up Re: HUGH Thank You to Scott Shogren & Team

Frank,

What a great story. In reading it, my jaw dropped and I was thinking "wow," but as I read more, I repeated that a couple more times!! Thanks for sharing. Great to know that there are people like this in the industry...and local too. Way to go, Scott.

Jeff
Old 07-25-2006, 02:53 PM
Registered

Yeah, It was nice to see won monies go back to the Charity...I meant to tell him this last Saturday but he was in conversation all night.

Last edited by Back4More; 07-25-2006 at 10:29 PM.
Old 07-25-2006, 03:53 PM
Registered

Shogren Fountain is First Class. Thanks Scott, Kelly and Shogren team.

Quick Reply: HUGH Thank You to Scott Shogren & Team

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.