Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   I HATE, Baja,Fountain,Cig, Sunsation, ect!!!!!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/136082-i-hate-baja-fountain-cig-sunsation-ect.html)

tomtbone1993 07-26-2006 04:52 PM

Re: I HATE, Baja,Fountain,Cig, Sunsation, ect!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Kanookstr
As a matter of fact Yes .... Why is there something better than cotton balls????? :eek: Please do tell :p

yep......I use Q-Tips.... :D :D

Kanookstr 07-26-2006 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by tomtbone1993

Well ya when you clean around the cover snaps :D

Mentalpause 07-26-2006 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by tomtbone1993

LMAO :D :D

Griff 07-26-2006 10:51 PM

As a matter of fact Yes .... Why is there something better than cotton balls????? :eek: Please do tell :p

2 cottonballs :D

Kanookstr 07-27-2006 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by Griff

What a great Idea!!!! can I use it... :D :D

Clay Washington 07-27-2006 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by Griff

That's the final stage.. it's right after "beer nuts" :evilb:

wwwTOPDJcom 07-27-2006 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by BillR
38' Top Gun - Using waxing Frenzy and a Porter Cable orbital polisher - 15 min max per side. Whole boat in under an hour start to finish.

holy chit thats fast, you got a little ladder with wheels or something? :eek:

fountain27ho496 07-28-2006 11:44 AM

I have a $40.00 waxmaster and 100' cord and wax my boat in an hour about 5 times a year. Not powerful enough to do any damage. And does the truck too.
I'm only waxing a 20' boat though. John

Strip Poker 388 07-28-2006 12:54 PM

When it comes to Waxing!!!! :D :evilb:

I remember my first 18' Bayliner that took all of about 1 hr to wax the entire thing. I spent 4 hrs just doing the hull on my 32 this afternoon, and I still have the top of the bow and interior to do tomorrow... :cool:
I have to admit that the Frenzy wax I bought does make it for an easier job, but it still Sucks...
Can't imagine how you guys with 38++ boats do it, Then again I would hire someone else to do my 38+++ boat. :D :drink:

It takes me a long time to do mine 38 foot ,I use the orbital polisher to put the wax on and I take it off by hand.the deck is the slow part , the sides go pretty fast. prob about 2 hours on the sides a 3 1/2 on the top.

UNSANE 07-28-2006 01:05 PM

I worked on my foredeck last weekend using Meguairs 3 step cleaner/polish/wax system with good results but they could of been better. Not only does it take a while and hard work, when the sky rumbles here, you gotta hurry!!! Might just wait until T-day to do it again :evilb: :evilb: