Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Miami Vice Huge Let Down! Read This! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/136155-miami-vice-huge-let-down-read.html)

DPT MOTORSPORTS 07-26-2006 09:45 PM

Re: Miami Vice Huge Let Down! Read This!

Thanks for the Heads UP. I will wait til it comes out on DVD!!!!!!!!!

fountainbleu 07-26-2006 09:47 PM

And what about the actual movie itself? It's visually beautiful, but doesn't it pale in comparison to the series anyway? Sometimes you just can't top the original.

onesickpantera 07-26-2006 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by fountainbleu
And what about the actual movie itself? It's visually beautiful, but doesn't it pale in comparison to the series anyway? Sometimes you just can't top the original.

Let's see the original had bad acting, cheesy love stories, horrible fake stunts with a few cool boating scenes. Sounds like the movie is very similar to me! Let's just hope the stunts are better! :cool:

Anarchy Powerboats 07-26-2006 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42
Very complitated things that he wasn't getting into right now.

Well I can tell you from my personal experience that these movies are tailored for the masses, these masses are what? Thats right, STUPID. All movies are test screened with everyday schmoos and then they are surveyed and screened and poked and prodded. They take all the info and homogenize the movie to make it have mass appeal. They don't get US, only US get US. We live for this chit, the masses live for all the superficial crap that is in movies today, the DVD will be cool, hell most of us have home theaters or at least surround sound so whatever, I think it's amazing they are even doing the damn thing :drink:

The Menace 07-27-2006 08:29 AM

I will shake the dust off the "Scarface" DVD and be happy.

Jamie Fox and Tom Cruise are on my list of actors NOT to see.

gripit 07-27-2006 08:44 AM

I'd like to know what the hell else Don Jonson and Phillip Thomas has going in life that prevented them from staring in the movie. If a sequil is going to be successful, the original cast is mucho importante!

Magicfloat 07-27-2006 10:07 AM

Didn't I read somewhere that Phillip Micheal Thomas has some health problems?

Ms PatriYacht 07-27-2006 10:24 AM

That sucks, I can understand that they found that they could not use less footage than planned, but wasn't one of the premise's that the cops were also racers.

I remember reading in one of the boat mags about the money and time that was spent rigging the MTI, and the Donzi so that footage could be shot from them.

Masses or not, I can't believe that several really cool race or boating shots would not have been good for the movie, there are so many cops and robbers in car chase scenes you would think this would have helped the movie standard apart from the others.

Very disappointing :(

ratman 07-27-2006 10:34 AM

id never pay to see anything with jamie fox in it, he's a loser, and a commie azwipe. 120 min running time...so what quinton tarentino could do 120 min movie...kill bill was 3 hours so he made it pt 1 & 2. if miami vice was good enough they could have done the same thing, shows what morons the people in hollywierd are, who here has a buisiness and wouldn't mind pissing 2.7 million down the toilet? cuz you didnt think the movie thru...wtf

BY U BOY 07-27-2006 10:43 AM

I'LL PASS MAYBE I'LL WATCH SOME OLD BAYWATCH RERUNS AT LEAST THE HAVE BOATS. :drink: