Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Miami Vice Huge Let Down! Read This! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/136155-miami-vice-huge-let-down-read.html)

SCRAPMAN1 07-27-2006 10:48 AM

Re: Miami Vice Huge Let Down! Read This!

The Scenes That They Shot Would Have Been Alot Better If They Would Have Actually Talked To The Professionals (racers) That They Hired About What They Were Trying To Portray In The Movie. They Told Us Nothing About What We Were Expected To Show In The Scenes-- We Were Just Given Minimal Instructions On Where To Stand Etc. -- Nothing About What Was Happening Before Or After Our Scene. Without This Info You Had A Bunch Of Professionals Standing On Docks Looking Confused Holding Lines,lifting Hatches And Spraying Hoses. No Realism At All. Fox And Farrell Got Out Of A Race Boat After Running A Race Dressed In Full Length Nomex Fire Suits (indy Car Style) Completely Dry Except For A Few Drops Of Sweat On The Face (sprayed On Of Course). I Am Disappointed That They Went To The Trouble To Hire Some Of The Best In The World And Aside From J.t. Talked To None Of Them About Tips On How To Re-create A Realistic Scene At The Docks And In The Water. We All Worked Like Hell And It Would Have Been Nice To See Something For Everyones Efforts.
My .02 -billy

NRG 07-27-2006 11:17 AM

COMPARING the OLD versus the NEW...
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14030950/

Enforcer2 07-27-2006 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by 32 thunder
Oh, well thats what I say just makes the original that much better!!! Good for Don Johnson and the rest of the original crew. Those shows are timeless for us who do powerboat.

At least I can watch season one and season two over and over again :D

This really sucks, I was waiting for this all summer :mad: :(

Oh well, I guess at least I know what to expect and I won't be as pissed.

Clay Washington 07-27-2006 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by TYPHOON
While they were filming the racing I was saying to myself: they could make a movie of just boat racing like Days of Thunder. Maybe its just us boat nuts but I would love to see a movie like that.
MD

I like that idea! :D

aim300x 07-27-2006 12:27 PM

Wow i was so looking foward to this movie, i own all freeze frame vids and was looking foward to seeing high clarity filming and some new camara angles. Powerboat mag. had both Farrel and Fox on julys cover with it saying SEE THE BOATS OF MIAMI VICE. I guess the title should read sorry for wasting time on your magazine cover. I feel sorry for donzi , all the boats they used, they have full page ads in the mags based on this movie hoping to promote future sales. Its a shame as these boat seens would have had kids day dreaming one day they would own a go fast boat. When i was 10 years old i saw a cataraman 2x outboards pull into tobay beach and i was in owe and since that day i have dreamed of owning one, well 25 years later i was able to buy one. Where dreams will take us.

Donzi38ZR 07-27-2006 12:43 PM

I can't believe this many people would take someone's word who is pissed off because his boat did not make the cut ! the statement..... " The only race boat scene in the whole movie is Jamie fox getting into the MTI and taking the girl to Cuba for lunch. Thats it!.".....is far from the thruth ! All of the Donzi scenes made the cut and MTI has some gorgeous footage too.

Ms PatriYacht 07-27-2006 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by Donzi38ZR
I can't believe this many people would take someone's word who is pissed off because his boat did not make the cut ! the statement..... " The only race boat scene in the whole movie is Jamie fox getting into the MTI and taking the girl to Cuba for lunch. Thats it!.".....is far from the thruth ! All of the Donzi scenes made the cut and MTI has some gorgeous footage too.

If I am not mistaken there has been more than one thread on this topic and they said the same thing, also didn't some people on this thread and the other one see the movie

Donzi38ZR 07-27-2006 12:57 PM

look I'm as dissapointed as anyone that the race scenes where cut :(
But to believe there is no performance boats scenes in the movie is absurd.

dammmagnum 07-27-2006 01:13 PM

From the little music I've heard, they even used different groups
What happened to Phil Collins singing " In the Air Tonight"?
Bummer
thank you
jJm

Pantera1 07-27-2006 01:19 PM

Bummer ..it sounds like the director wasnt a true Vice fan ..