Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Miami Vice Huge Let Down! Read This! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/136155-miami-vice-huge-let-down-read.html)

the duke 07-28-2006 11:15 AM

Re: Miami Vice Huge Let Down! Read This!

Originally Posted by mama tryed
We don't care if there's only 60seconds of Boat footage in the whole Movie,, thats 60 seconds more than any other movie has had in years!!! Were going!!

Does the Movie have the same"intro Music" as the series did??

NO, different music. The movie is TOTALLY different than the series.

Mann himself said that if you go to see the movie, and expect it to be from when the TV show ended that you will not be happy. This is not the Dukes of Hazzard.

As far as boats go, those of us that have them want to see them in the movie. but the movie wasn't made to make us happy. It was made to make money for the studio and its backers. If the 30,000 members of OSO don't go to the movie, that is peanuts compared to the total that will probably go to it.

ActiveFun 07-28-2006 12:17 PM

Too bad there is not a way for these reactions to get back to the big wigs who make the film. I was totally excited to see the movie and now after hearing everyones reaction, I have no interest. I'll rent it just to see the extra footage on the dvd. They wont be getiing my money and probably others.

MidOcean 07-28-2006 01:17 PM

Apologize.... Everyone who was involved in the filming of Vice was PAID. Especially JT. The problem is that the general public cant relate to boat racing like they can auto racing.... How many of you went to see the boat racing movie about the Miss Madison... how many of us supported our brothers in Unlimited? Not very many! And even if we did have a whole movie about offshore, it would be the wrong brand of boat... or thw wrong guy would have won...etc...etc... I was in the series for 3 eps... with most of my effort was spent on "The Great McCarthey". It was hot, and we didnt get the exposure that we wanted...etc... but it was an experience... the egg saled fight at elliot key with Craig Maudsly and Marc Mercury... We had a blast... In the end... there was a big uproar!!! boycott MV becasue a 50' cary won the race.... come on guys...get real!! its make believe!!! Because of MV, the series, our sport has tripled its public awareness.... and to Micheal Mann we owe the credit.

Donzi38ZR 07-28-2006 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by ActiveFun
Too bad there is not a way for these reactions to get back to the big wigs who make the film. I was totally excited to see the movie and now after hearing everyones reaction, I have no interest. I'll rent it just to see the extra footage on the dvd. They wont be getiing my money and probably others.

Mid Ocean- you nailed it !

ActiveFun -
These reactions wouldn't even be casual chatter at the dinner table of the big wigs even if it did get to them ;)

And for all those people who keep saying, "They won't be getting my money because I'll rent it or see it on DVD" uhmmmm ! if your watching it, they are getting your money ! DVD sales & rentals are all counted into the total movie gross.

Enforcer2 07-28-2006 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by Donzi38ZR
look I'm as dissapointed as anyone that the race scenes where cut :(
But to believe there is no performance boats scenes in the movie is absurd.

Just saw the movie today, I was pleased. It does the original Justice. Sure it would have been awesome to see more boats and I would have liked to hear more of a soundtrack, but overall. I would watch it again. Had some nice shots of MOJO, Donzi's and some unfortunate shots of Crockett blowibg up to quad outboard boats.

Movie was cool. Go see it you won't be dissapointed.

Donzi38ZR 07-28-2006 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by Enforcer2
Just saw the movie today, I was pleased. It does the original Justice. Sure it would have been awesome to see more boats and I would have liked to hear more of a soundtrack, but overall. I would watch it again. Had some nice shots of MOJO, Donzi's and some unfortunate shots of Crockett blowibg up to quad outboard boats.

Movie was cool. Go see it you won't be dissapointed.

;) ;) ;) ;) Hate to say....so I wont !

Enforcer2 07-28-2006 02:31 PM

I know, I know you told us so.

Thanks for posting you kept me positive :drink:

Cash Bar 07-28-2006 02:31 PM

I just got back from seeing it. I went at 12:30 so no jackazz could tell me and ruin it.

It's definitely not "our" vice, but it is good. The movies will never have enough powerboats, hell I get mad when no one is posting at 3:30am except me. :rolleyes:

The film is very dark and violent. I enjoyed the story, but would have liked to see a Miami story, this jumped internationally. The MTI's and Donzi looked awesome, and were portrayed correctly, too.

I only hope enough people like and go to it. It's the best chance we have to get another one done, and likely, the best chance for a movie with real powerboat footage. :eureka:

Please support it, it's best for the industry and the future of the franchise.

Greg

PS- Remember, big guns do BAD things.......... :eek:

EWPE 07-28-2006 02:34 PM

Just saw it . I enjoyed it but kept waiting through the whole movie for the boat race scenes. I wish I would have read this before I went!

Donzi38ZR 07-28-2006 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by CASH BAR
I just got back from seeing it. I went at 12:30 so no jackazz could tell me and ruin it.

It's definitely not "our" vice, but it is good. The movies will never have enough powerboats, hell I get mad when no one is posting at 3:30am except me. :rolleyes:

The film is very dark and violent. I enjoyed the story, but would have liked to see a Miami story, this jumped internationally. The MTI's and Donzi looked awesome, and were portrayed correctly, too.

I only hope enough people like and go to it. It's the best chance we have to get another one done, and likely, the best chance for a movie with real powerboat footage. :eureka:

Please support it, it's best for the industry and the future of the franchise.

Greg

PS- Remember, big guns do BAD things.......... :eek:

Enforcer - No problem, I'm going to watch it again tonight, but this time it's playing in IMAX ! Hells Yeah !

CASH - I like the way you think ;)