Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Miami Vice Huge Let Down! Read This! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/136155-miami-vice-huge-let-down-read.html)

LubeJobs42 07-26-2006 01:39 PM

Miami Vice Huge Let Down! Read This!

Last night was the big primere of Miami Vice. Some of us that had our boats used in the movie were invited. Before the movie started Michael Mann went to the stage to say a few words. He started by saying what a wonderful city Miami is, Blah blah blah. Then he said how he had to make some of the most difficult decisions of his career. He said after a lot of work and effort by a lot of people, he regretted to say all of the boat race scenes were chopped from the movie. He said it was some of the best footage they had and it was some of the most time consuming filming of the whole move. 2.7 million dollars in the toilet. The only race boat scene in the whole movie is Jamie fox getting into the MTI and taking the girl to Cuba for lunch. Thats it!.
All of the 100 degree days waiting for filming to start was a waste of time. All the months of waiting for the movie to come out and this is what they do to it.
If you want to see a movie with a lot of shoot out scenes like every other movie, this is it. If you want to see a movie with cool boat scenes, forget it!!! I'm so disapointed.
He did say however, some of the footage will be at the end of the movie on the DVD only.

Sea-Dated 07-26-2006 01:42 PM

Re: Miami Vice Huge Let Down! Read This!

THAT SUX :mad: :mad:

So now we have to wait for the DVD and hope they put the footage in.

What a waste of everyones time.

Magicfloat 07-26-2006 01:46 PM

I don't understand why the scenes were cut. What was the reasoning behind it? :(

LubeJobs42 07-26-2006 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Magicfloat
I don't understand why the scenes were cut. What was the reasoning behind it? :(

Very complitated things that he wasn't getting into right now.

Zudnic 07-26-2006 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Magicfloat

Unnecessary character background that had nothing to really do with the films plot is what I’ve been told by a film critic and interviewer of Mann (Christopher Herd, James Cameron and Johnny Depp’s bio-author).

CigDaze 07-26-2006 01:59 PM

I think it's a load of crap. It's called Miami Vice, and for those who have watched the series over the years and know anything about Miami, boating is every bit a part of the Miami lifestyle as any other topic in the movie (crime, drugs, etc., etc.)....It is character development and it is background generation.

Oh well. :(

blownincome 07-26-2006 02:09 PM

Wife called me to tell me that this Morning That Sux! :mad:

BAJA WILL 07-26-2006 02:12 PM

That just sucks, I swear if I go see this movie and its some BS love story, I am going to be pissed. 2.7 mil in the trash, Gee I wonder why production companies are having it tough!!

WILL

eyezlee 07-26-2006 02:39 PM

Will the "original" movie be on the DVD with the boating/racing scenes intact?

hellbents10 07-26-2006 02:43 PM

Very dissapointing to say the least. I will still be watching it as its the only movie that will even have one screen shot of something like a MTI.