Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Newby w/ a buying question... >

Newby w/ a buying question...

Notices

Newby w/ a buying question...

Old 07-30-2006, 06:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Newby w/ a buying question...

As far as surveyng goes, I think about $15/foot for that size boat is pretty standard assuming you have a surveyor near you. I just had a survey done in Lake George, NY and there aren't any surveyors up ther that I could find. I wound up paying $400.00 to have a guy drive 3 hours each way from Poughkeepsie, NY to survey a 24' boat. I still think it was worth every penny. The survey came back great as well! I would highly recommend it as long as you find a good surveyor. I got lucky making phone calls and found one who had the right answers and attitude.
Old 07-30-2006, 08:36 PM
Registered

Thanks Jayhawk. I appreciate the feedback.

BTW, I'm a JH fan too. A friend of mine is on the basketball team (Mario Chalmers) and it looks like they have a good shot this year to turn some heads. I saw my first home-game last year when they creamed Kentucky.

Originally Posted by jayhawk261
As far as surveyng goes, I think about $15/foot for that size boat is pretty standard assuming you have a surveyor near you. I just had a survey done in Lake George, NY and there aren't any surveyors up ther that I could find. I wound up paying $400.00 to have a guy drive 3 hours each way from Poughkeepsie, NY to survey a 24' boat. I still think it was worth every penny. The survey came back great as well! I would highly recommend it as long as you find a good surveyor. I got lucky making phone calls and found one who had the right answers and attitude.
Old 07-30-2006, 10:22 PM
Registered

Are you from Alaska? How do you know Mario?

It is looking REAL good for this season. I'm having a hard time waiting for it to begin!
Old 07-30-2006, 11:00 PM
Registered

A good friend of mine played ball w/ me at Seattle U and he's Mario's God Brother. I am going to Vegas this year to see them take on the Gators...should be a great game!

So, nobody has any input on the 502 huh? I'm desparate!!