Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Miami Vice (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/136379-miami-vice.html)

BY U BOY 07-29-2006 01:35 PM

Re: Miami Vice

Originally Posted by Semper Fi
DITTO. I give the movie a 5 out of 10. Acting was bad, directing was bad, it was difficult to understand alot of the dialogue for 1/3 of the movie. The screen wasn't very clear also....could have been the theater I was in. The boat scene was cool with the MTI running.

I doubt I'd even watch it again on HBO someday for free. Better movies to watch.

NO XCLARITY DID SUX I JUST THOUGHT IT WAS THE PLACE THAT I SAW IT GUESS NOT.

Semper Fi 07-29-2006 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by BY U BOY
NO XCLARITY DID SUX I JUST THOUGHT IT WAS THE PLACE THAT I SAW IT GUESS NOT.

WOW! I thought it was the theater I was in! The picture clarity looked like I was watching a movie from the 80's. You can tell an 80's movie right away when watching it on tv....not very clear at all.

Comanche3Six 07-29-2006 01:42 PM

What a Bomb!
They should have dropped it on Hezbollah.

BY U BOY 07-29-2006 01:48 PM

I May Rent Dvd Only If It Has The Deleted Scenes Of The All The Boats

Cash Bar 07-29-2006 03:42 PM

I really liked it. I thought the boat scenes were at least realistically done.

I would have loved to see the race left in. It was kind of weird seeing Crockett run a BAD AZZ MTI that was his "pleasure" boat with "Shell Oil" and "Mercury Racing" decals all over it. W/O the race there was no background to explain that.

The racing was dropped because it added "nothing" to plot or character developement,(?) !! I'm calling BS, because starting the movie with the intended race footage would have allowed that the "partners" wre actually friends and had fun outside of work. They never had any fun/levity in their relationship, all dark and serious. :(

seanfm 07-29-2006 03:49 PM

Saw the movie last night. I thought it sucked. Hated the grainy shots and Collin Farrell was not very convincing. After reading all the hype about the boats I was very dissapointed that they cut the race scene and showed all of 30 seconds of the MTI running in open water. I would only buy the DVD if I knew for sure all the boating scenes were included in the deleted scenes section.

CBR 07-29-2006 04:22 PM

I am glad I am not the only one who could not understand the mumbling of the "actors". Maybe we are just a bunch of old guys with our hearing damaged by loud boats, cars, airplanes, guns and rock bands.

Remembering the old days, and knowing this movie was garbage and boring compared to what actually happened. :D

I say again, let's make our own fing movie! It would be awesome!

Jassman 07-29-2006 04:54 PM

Just got back from watching it. Better than I thought from reading the responses on here. It wasn't bad nor great, it's what it is. Not much different from the original. A few boat scenes, a little grindin, drugs, Miami motif, you got the picture. Later. JJ

Lady_Speed_Lover 07-29-2006 07:16 PM

Told ya... Can't improve on the original.

Even though the boat scenes are always good -- in any movie of any year. But the '80s Miami Vice is and always will be the '80s Miami Vice.

Enjoy the movie for what it is. A mere remake of an original.

Semper Fi 07-29-2006 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by Lady_Speed_Lover
Told ya... Can't improve on the original.

Even though the boat scenes are always good -- in any movie of any year. But the '80s Miami Vice is and always will be the '80s Miami Vice.

Enjoy the movie for what it is. A mere remake of an original.

How could you have "Told ya" if this is your very first post? :rolleyes: