REFUSE TO SEE IT
23.00%
Voters: 200. You may not vote on this poll

Miami Vice

Old 07-31-2006, 06:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Miami Vice

Sorry, but there were so many things wrong with that movie from a believability standpoint-forget that the actors were just walking through the roles. I was very disappointed, but what do expect from a couple of overrated pretty boys. I say throw them to Sonny's alligator and start over.
Old 07-31-2006, 07:25 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by JB4Boyne
I havn't seen it yet, but would we all like it better if we had never seen the original Miami Vice and had nothing to compare it to? JB
Doesn't that go without saying? It does to me anyway. Originals are tough to beat -- no offense to the remakes. Just the way it is...
Old 07-31-2006, 08:29 PM
Registered

It was pretty good i thought. More darker with drug cartels & the underground world which we know nothing about! The firepower was awesome and something u wouldnt have seen on tv in the 80's!
Ditto on the boat action.......not even close after reading the making of it in Powerboat mag!
Old 08-01-2006, 09:50 AM
Warped & Twisted Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I liked it. Mann used similar filming techniques as he did with the original series, which was cool.

Decent soundtrack also, 3 songs from Audioslave.
Old 08-01-2006, 11:27 AM
Registered

Small world .....

Ran into an old friend yesterday that I hadn't seen in a few years ........ We were at sneeky Petes having a cold one ....... Asked if he'd seen the movie yet, or was planning to ........ Said No, wasn't planning on either.......... Said in the origional movie though he'd hide in the big Chris while Don Johnston drove, and later go, and park it for him ............ Yea, I forgot that his dad was part owner of Chris Craft at the time ......... Yup, I felt kinda small.............LOL... I did see the movie later on that evening ......... I thought it was pretty good, very dark and different from the origional .......... And, Anytime "Go Fast Boats" are center stage, It get's things pumping for me ......
Old 08-03-2006, 12:43 AM
Where To
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Can't wait to see the letters to the editor in next months Powerboat magazine!! All the hype in the July issue over the boat scenes. I saw it Saturday night and was disapointed as well. A little too dark for me, even though it was effective in some scenes. TWO shower sex scenes? How 'bout being a little more creative... just my opinion!

Dave
Old 08-03-2006, 11:07 PM
bck
Charter Member#568
Charter Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

If I hadn't seen the original, I still wouldn't have liked it. Since I did see the original, I know why I didn't like it. Wrong actors, wrong boat, wrong car. Could have been filmed in New Jersey for all they showed of Miami. I didn't expect it to keep the 80's theme, but it could have stuck more to the original in style ie: sunny- hot weather, hot women who spoke english, a star that looked good- not like he woke up in an alley, a boat without corporate sponsors. It still could have been a good movie with abandoning all those things, but it wasn't. Convoluted story line, not the greatest plot, underdeveloped characters, lame soundtrack. I think there were only 2 people in the movie that spoke english and I couldn't understand them half the time and they never did solve the case. If they would have given the Pacino character a boat and sent him undercover, Heat would have been a better Miami Vice. To top it off $9 for two large Cokes. That was the one chance for a good movie and possibly a sequel and I think they blew it. Hopefully enough people see it by accident or because they just can't help themselves that they will consider another and start from scratch.

Last edited by bck; 08-03-2006 at 11:33 PM. Reason: additional rants
Old 08-03-2006, 11:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bck
Wrong actors, wrong boat, wrong car. Could have been filmed in New Jersey for all they showed of Miami. I didn't expect it to keep the 80's theme, but it could have to stuck more to the original in style ie: Sunny- hot weather, hot women who spoke english, a star that looked good- not like he woke up in an alley, a boat without corporate sponsors. It still could have been a good movie with abandoning all those things, but it wasn't. If they would have given the Pacino character a boat and sent him undercover, Heat would have been a better Miami Vice. I think.
What he said....just got back from it. Two words.......IT
SUCKED!!...
Old 08-03-2006, 11:13 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

LIKED IT 70 53.03%
DIDN'T LIKE IT 35 26.52%
REFUSE TO SEE IT 27 20.45%

interesting
Old 08-04-2006, 07:52 AM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

I saw the movie last last with a couple of other boaters, I thought it was a good flick but wished it had the race scene in it .

Quick Reply: Miami Vice

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.