Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
OSO Permissible Discussion? Figuring A Value. >

OSO Permissible Discussion? Figuring A Value.

Notices

OSO Permissible Discussion? Figuring A Value.

Old 02-16-2019, 03:24 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Received 387 Likes on 156 Posts
Default OSO Permissible Discussion? Figuring A Value.

I could use some help trying to nail down the value of this 2001 248 Crownline Bow Rider 496 Mag HO 300 Hrs with full record of maintenance. Boat is immaculate, zero scratches on hull, outdrive or prop. Full canvas and covers along with every available option, all immaculate. Dual axle bunk trailer also in near perfect shape. Always kept under roof when not on the water. Really having trouble nailing down a value as it seems to be a moving target and prone to wild swings at least on NADA. It is rare that it was ordered with that particular engine package.

Last edited by the deep; 02-16-2019 at 08:56 PM.
Old 02-16-2019, 08:44 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

Any ideas out there?
Old 02-16-2019, 10:31 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 105 Posts

Hate to say I don’t think that engine package will add much to the value. Maybe a thousand or two over small block boats. Sucks because that had to have been a pretty pricy upgrade when new.

Unforunatley I don’t think the person looking for the small open bow family boats is too focused on the power. It comes down a lot more to room, how well it is used, can my kid tube off the back of it etc.

Could be completely wrong, and hope I am for your sake when selling. Best of luck.
Old 02-17-2019, 12:52 AM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Received 387 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by tmmii
Hate to say I don’t think that engine package will add much to the value. Maybe a thousand or two over small block boats. Sucks because that had to have been a pretty pricy upgrade when new.

Unforunatley I don’t think the person looking for the small open bow family boats is too focused on the power. It comes down a lot more to room, how well it is used, can my kid tube off the back of it etc.

Could be completely wrong, and hope I am for your sake when selling. Best of luck.
Have to say that I'm not the owner but I am trying to help the owner out. Wife's cousin who was unexpectedly widowed a year ago. The boat was 40k + new. They never had children and were retired when they bought it so it's a lightly used fresh water boat. Just trying to get a handle on its honest value if that's possible.
Old 02-17-2019, 01:34 AM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 5 Posts

This is just a guess. $15-20k. The boat should be worth more than this with low hours and excellent condition. The bad thing is that it is a 2001 and banks don’t like to finance old boats. If you find someone that appreciates the upgraded power, you might get a little more. Good luck with the sale.
Old 02-17-2019, 08:26 AM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

I was thinking 20K, maybe a bit more if you find the right buyer that appreciates what condition it is in.
Old 02-17-2019, 08:52 AM
Registered

Received 471 Likes on 367 Posts

I also think 20K and the HO motor helps
Old 02-17-2019, 09:42 AM
Registered

Received 734 Likes on 329 Posts

For a 24' bowrider that boat has a odd engine package considering it isn't a hull built with that use in mind and it's going on 19 years old. I'd suggest he price it to get rid of it by Memorial Day or plan on storing it until it's a year older. $15K.
Old 02-17-2019, 11:10 AM
Registered

Received 217 Likes on 112 Posts

I PMed you,
Old 02-17-2019, 12:50 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by ar300johnson
This is just a guess. $15-20k. The boat should be worth more than this with low hours and excellent condition. The bad thing is that it is a 2001 and banks don’t like to finance old boats. If you find someone that appreciates the upgraded power, you might get a little more. Good luck with the sale.
Good range - but adding --- VERY low hours for a 20 year old boat is actually a neg UNLESS it was stored and maintained to a T.

Fuel systems go completely bad just sitting and leaving motor oil in the bottom (pan) for years is not good either. Properly stored for humid climates is important as well.

There is months when I open up engine compartments and it looks like someone just power washed the complete engine compartment and engine. Boat sealed up like a drum. One of the reasons for that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.