Sony XM Satellite Radio Help.... >

Sony XM Satellite Radio Help....

Notices

Sony XM Satellite Radio Help....

Old 07-31-2006, 07:52 AM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Sony XM Satellite Radio Help....

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
the Sony round wire remote control on the dash did not provide any display info on the XM Station, Song, Artist; etc.
Do you know of a remote that does?
Sone does have a new style marine remote out, maybe it is more better?

'00 Scarab Sport 302 CC
'02 Cigarette Top Gun TS
'02 PQ 340
'00 PQ 280
'98 Scarab 22
'97 Baja Outlaw 20
'72 Checkmate
'65 Glastron
Old 07-31-2006, 08:08 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,172 Likes on 511 Posts

Originally Posted by BillR
Do you know of a remote that does?
Sone does have a new style marine remote out, maybe it is more better?
I'm too used to having my Sirius right in front of me, so I am going to keep my current setup. I drilled a small hidden hole under my dash, and ran the cables onto the dash in a loom. I am happy with the setup except the velcro gets so hot in the sun that the adhesive starts to slip a bit.

I love having the iPod right on the dash, but I have an iPod Nano so its almost too small to read!
Old 07-31-2006, 09:42 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I have XM in my truck. I will definately get Serius next time. Too many problems with XM.
Old 07-31-2006, 03:48 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sight and Sound
Call Terk and make sure your radio is compatible. Even though it might say that it is on the package - it may not. If it is hooked up correctly you should at least see XM as one of your sources after FM & CD. I have had many issues where the Sony radio says XM ready, the Terk piece lists the Sony model # on the package, and it still does not work. According to Terk - they have been having compatibility problems with Sony. Good Luck!
Yup, called Terk today. Apparantly the XM adapter I purchased is not compatible with the SONY GT series. They have shipped a new adapter out though. Now I just need to wait until it hits the stores. UnF'n believable.
Old 08-01-2006, 08:53 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The new sony remote displays the sat info as well as ipod info if you hook up the ipod adapter too. I just got done rigging a azimut cruiser with 3 remotes sony head , xm, ipod, and it all works nice. The new remote requires a hole for mounting larger than the old access remotes or last years sony remotes. Like the size of a guage mounting hole , looks much better flush mounted like that.
Old 08-02-2006, 06:48 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
I yanked out my XM, Sony XM Adapter and the Sony Bus Control Module.

Steve, I wish I knew you were looking to go this route. They are all for sale.

I could not stand XM. I much prefer Sirius. My biggest gripe is that even though the XM integrated directly, the Sony round wire remote control on the dash did not provide any display info on the XM Station, Song, Artist; etc.

I ended up just adding some RCA input jacks and I have my Sirius controller and my Ipod Nano velcrod to the dash and I live having all the displays and controls in front of me.
Did you have the XM working? My Sony is XM ready and I have been thinking about getting the XM adapter instead of a stand alone Sirrus radio. No experience between the 2 services.
I also use my Nano. Thinking about getting a Ipod Adapter so I can control the Nano throught the stereo remote instead of going throught the RCA inputs. I like gadgets.
Old 08-02-2006, 10:34 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,172 Likes on 511 Posts

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain
Did you have the XM working? My Sony is XM ready and I have been thinking about getting the XM adapter instead of a stand alone Sirrus radio. No experience between the 2 services.
I also use my Nano. Thinking about getting a Ipod Adapter so I can control the Nano throught the stereo remote instead of going throught the RCA inputs. I like gadgets.
Yes, I had the XM working. I just did not like their programming as much as I like my Sirius, but I spend a lot of time in the car/truck listening to my Sirius.

The XM Module and the Sony-XM adapter were $100 new. I used the XM maybe 8 times last season, and did not renew my subscription.
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-FcXyQ6G...ny&i=700XMSONY
Make me an offer if you want them. (Sorry, don't mean to hijack Steve.)

It appears as though the new Sony Remote that installs like a gauge has much better integration functionality.
Old 08-10-2006, 05:52 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To update, I purchased the upgraded version of the Sony XM adapter today. The package said, "Updated Compatibility for 2006 Radios".

I compared the cables that came with the adapter and they appeared identicle to the cables that were already in place with the old adapter. I hooked up the new adapter and to my surprise, it didn't work. I called Terk and they said I must have a bad "new" adapter. I hung up the phone, shaking my head, ready to rip out everything and run it over several times with my F350.

Instead I paused and thought I should change the cable just for S&G's. I pulled out the new cable that came with the new adapter and plugged it in. To my amazement it worked!! Go figure.