Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Profile powerboats? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/136471-profile-powerboats.html)

JCPERF 07-30-2006 09:12 PM

Re: Profile powerboats?

Originally Posted by Sean H
are you saying they are like the York, Pa of powerboats? :drink:

Basically :drink: :evilb:

cosmic12 07-30-2006 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by dean51267
greed and incompidence........

Dean hows it going with them? and you know what?

dean51267 07-30-2006 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by cosmic12
Dean hows it going with them? and you know what?

I have a court date December 12, this was basically their way of delaying the inevitable. The "new part owners of a company with the same name" is playing defense for them on litigation matters, my PI says both are in horrible shape, Dunn and Bradstreet reports are available to anyone who wants them.....

I expect to win, met with attorney last week about joining the "other" outfit, will start pressing that in a week or so, also will increase my claim from $20K to $20K plus punitive damages. It is such a clear cut case both attorneys think I can win, and of course they get a cut of a bigger pie, so they are willing to try.

I doubt I ever see a dime, at this point it is no longer about money, it is about revenge, and I do not feel I have gotten my pound of flesh yet, not even an ounce..... I will win the court case, but collecting is an entirely new matter.... I doubt they have the financial strength to pay a claim for what they did...

So anyway, that is is, they quietly try to delay and delay, and delay, while I keep telling this story over and over and over. My attorneys would prefer I not tell it, but everyone agrees, as long as I am not lying, there is no basis for slander, so I choose my words carefully and never say something I can not document with fact. I am at the point I am willing to spend money to prove I am right, that is what I am likely doing...

In the end they are just dumb enough they do not know that the worst advertising in the world is a pissed off customer with a big mouth.....

on the other side, they have built some super nice stuff, but the % of nice to schit seems extremly high......

cosmic12 07-30-2006 09:29 PM

good luck and I don't meen to pry or get anything more started. just nice to know somthing is going to happen for ya.

onesickpantera 09-04-2006 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by tblrklakemo
Profile powerboats? What do you guys think of these?
At tablerock this weekend some people showed up in a nice red and checkered 38ft.

There was a 28 cat on a local lake here for a few years. Had a 575 in it and that thing ran HARD. I looked it over and it seemed to be built very well. It was no Skater but looked as good as many other manufacturers out there. The 28 cat also has some great lines to it.

I was also parked next to a 26 V this weekend and it was a great looking boat. I talked with him a bit and he was very pleased with the boat and the factory support.

A few members toured the factory in 2002 and they were very impressed.

LubeJobs42 09-04-2006 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by tblrklakemo
Profile powerboats? What do you guys think of these?
At tablerock this weekend some people showed up in a nice red and checkered 38ft.

UH_OH!!!

Knot 4 Me 09-04-2006 11:12 PM

They had a 38? Poker Run V down at LOTO a couple of years ago that was featured in Hot Boat. If you looked at the sides of the boat at the hull/deck joint around the engine compartment area the boat was not symetrical port to starboard. It looked like two different boats depending what side you were looking down. I believe the port side was fairly straight but the starboard side sucked in several inches. Terrible mold work.

Dave M 09-05-2006 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by wiggler4490
They have been around about every dealer at LOTO, they now have a dealer on the highway, have seen the same boats there forever, they must be having trouble selling them, rode in a couple of the 29 v's they are very poor in construction, rattle and dont handle well, bayliner like quality in performance boat.

My friend has a '94 29V. He bought it used from LOTO about five years ago. I have to agree that the construction quality is poor. You might of known the boat, it was called HOT HOT HOT.

itilldo 09-05-2006 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by Dave M
quality is poor. You might of known the boat, it was called HOT HOT HOT.

maybe the name should have been "NOT NOT NOT"

onesickpantera 09-05-2006 09:07 AM

I did hear of some construction issues in the early/mid 90's. The few boats I have seen were 2000 and newer and looked good. Like I said not a Skater by any means but better than many mass produced boats out there.