Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Lake Winnipesaukee (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/136513-lake-winnipesaukee.html)

blownincome 08-08-2006 05:18 AM

Re: Lake Winnipesaukee

Thats Great :mad: :mad:

Oh Deere 08-08-2006 06:45 AM

So far it looks as though a petition was filed with the Department of Safety. No date for a hearing yet, but there would need to be one by the end of the summer. A different approach form last year, but we will need to stay on top of it and have a presence at the hearing.

Pantera1 08-08-2006 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by Oh Deere
I was diagonally behnd a 25 thunder from @ 2-4, then headed to the Naz. Saw very few marine patrol. They were busy with the swimmer search from Saturday night. Also, sounds like we have to get back on the defensive. Word is out again about a speed limit proposal and hearing for the lake.

Yes , they are at it again .. I guess they didnt get the memo last year..

DoTheMath 08-08-2006 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by Pantera1
Yes , they are at it again .. I guess they didnt get the memo last year..

Well, you had to know it wasn't going to go away!? We just play the game again I guess - be smart, be diligent and work the real problem, boater education! This past weekend - damn, I need to start carrying a video camera!! The crap that I saw and was involved in... unreal! The best (or worst I guess would be the case) was the guy in the Stingray that cut me off, towing about a 10yr old kit on a tube Saturday. Had about 6 people on his boat, he was driving AND spotting, watching the tuber but not where he was going and I ended up having to gas it and get out of the way :rolleyes: . Just one of many - thus the reason I love that lake M - F, weekends you can have! :D

Pantera1 08-08-2006 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by DoTheMath
Well, you had to know it wasn't going to go away!? We just play the game again I guess - be smart, be diligent and work the real problem, boater education! This past weekend - damn, I need to start carrying a video camera!! The crap that I saw and was involved in... unreal! The best (or worst I guess would be the case) was the guy in the Stingray that cut me off, towing about a 10yr old kit on a tube Saturday. Had about 6 people on his boat, he was driving AND spotting, watching the tuber but not where he was going and I ended up having to gas it and get out of the way :rolleyes: . Just one of many - thus the reason I love that lake M - F, weekends you can have! :D

You said it ... LOTS of morons out there ! Same here , we went out heading for our favorite spot which was already full of boats ..After being cut off by people 2 or 3 times who havnt a clue about the right of way laws, we decided to spend the weekend on the dock.. my blood was boiling and I didnt want to spoil the day...I dont see a speed limit doing a damn thing but education is a MUST..
Oh and to the guy in the Formula 27 with the red stripe UP YOURS MORON

DoTheMath 08-08-2006 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by Pantera1
Oh and to the guy in the Formula 27 with the red stripe UP YOURS MORON

LOLOL!!! :p

slboatdrinks 08-08-2006 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by DoTheMath
This past weekend - damn, I need to start carrying a video camera!! The crap that I saw and was involved in... unreal! The best (or worst I guess would be the case) was the guy in the Stingray that cut me off, towing about a 10yr old kit on a tube Saturday. Had about 6 people on his boat, he was driving AND spotting, watching the tuber but not where he was going and I ended up having to gas it and get out of the way :rolleyes: . Just one of many - thus the reason I love that lake M - F, weekends you can have! :D

The lake was stupid busy this past weekend. Throttled my way out of many inexperienced boaters. There was no one in the Broads early Sunday am. :D :D

Pantera1 08-08-2006 03:41 PM

I moved here full time two years ago.. best thing i ever did. The weekends are becoming a bit rediculous for me.. And its pure lack of knowledge in most cases not to mention the ones who use the ignorance is bliss standard.
We spent saturday and sunday at the dock, (first time in a long time ) and it was great.. relaxing, used very little fuel and drank as many beers as necessary without feeling guilty or looking over my shoulder :drink: :drink:

DoTheMath 08-08-2006 04:12 PM

Yep - sucks sometimes! It wasn't all that long ago that people on that lake respected the rules and each other - WTF happened!?!? I'm heading up tomorrow for the weekend, this way I figure I can get at least a day and a half of real enjoyment on the water before the w/e lunatics show up!! I have seriously spent the better part of the last couple weeks trying to figure out a way to get people to pull their head out of their azzes and boat smart. So far the list is kind of short, but I'm not giving up yet. I'd love to go to the speed limit hearings and be able to put up a smart and reasonable set of suggestions as to why speed (and noise) isn't the issue but boater Ed. is. Not one incident of the many in the last couple weeks I witnessed or was involved in, had a performance boat as the culprit.

cowisl 08-08-2006 04:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by slboatdrinks
The lake was stupid busy this past weekend. Throttled my way out of many inexperienced boaters. There was no one in the Broads early Sunday am. :D :D

Boat looked sweet...sorry for the lousy pic