Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   I need help!!!!! They are out to get me!!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/136518-i-need-help-they-out-get-me.html)

the duke 07-31-2006 11:03 AM

Re: I need help!!!!! They are out to get me!!!!

Originally Posted by articfriends
So,were you raising hell on your boat yesterday and just happened to not go boating today and all of a suddenn they are looking for you?? Your story sounds like your leaving out some tiny details,people don't generally complain to the law unless you did something,they are too lazy and its too much trouble,Smitty

He's not leaving anything out. I'm on that boat with him 90% of the time its in the water, and yes, he drives it fast, but NOT around tubes or canoes etc. We have a couple of real pains in the azz on the river that see his roster tail, and hear that outboard, and are probably getting pissy.

Believe me, and you can ask Hugetime, when I think he's going to fast I tell him. plus I am always watching for anything that we need to slow down for. If he was unsafe around other boats, I'd tell him, plus I wouldn't be near that boat.

rush 07-31-2006 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by ratman
yo huge dont be a puzzy and turn the other cheek by selling your ride dude!

Right on!!!

But I will give ya 500 hundred bucks for that MARKED anoying little boat :D :D

hugetime1 07-31-2006 11:10 AM

I was selling it before this happened, I want a sports car and a couple of jet ski's

offshoredrillin 07-31-2006 11:10 AM

Sounds like a scam to have a boat for sale in GD for a while to me:rolleyes:

outriggers 07-31-2006 11:17 AM

Huge, What river are you on? Doug

hugetime1 07-31-2006 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
Sounds like a scam to have a boat for sale in GD for a while to me:rolleyes:

I don't know what you mean????

hugetime1 07-31-2006 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by outriggers
Huge, What river are you on? Doug

the upper hudson

articfriends 07-31-2006 12:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
:evilb:

Originally Posted by the duke
He's not leaving anything out. I'm on that boat with him 90% of the time its in the water, and yes, he drives it fast, but NOT around tubes or canoes etc. We have a couple of real pains in the azz on the river that see his roster tail, and hear that outboard, and are probably getting pissy.

Believe me, and you can ask Hugetime, when I think he's going to fast I tell him. plus I am always watching for anything that we need to slow down for. If he was unsafe around other boats, I'd tell him, plus I wouldn't be near that boat.

What I'm saying is he wasn't even out on his boat and all of a sudden the cops are looking for him with multiple complaints,there must be sometime earlier or something he did the day before that the complaintints (might be baseless,I wasn't there) thought he was doing wrong. I have 2 teenage boys,19 and 21, if they came to me and say " We were driving around yesterday and today all our friends say the cops are looking for us because several people, for no reason :rolleyes: , are pressing charges on us but we never did anything,just letting you know in case the cops come knocking on the door" I would want to know what the not doing anything entailed :evilb: . I do understand old pricks get there pantys up in a bunch over trivial bs. My buddie had one of them little clown boats with a 500 hp motor and over the transom headers,we dunked it in a little 1/2 sq mile lake his mom lives on and made a half dozen laps,more than one person told us they "were calling the law",we never went too close to anyone or violated any laws. Before we knew it the sherrifs dept , DNR plus home owners association were at his moms house thinking they could run us off. They told us "we had several complaints",we responded for what?? Basically,they were old and had never seen a boat like that on their lake and didn't like the whole idea of it. The law checked the registration,our safety equipment,tested the noise from the exhaust (we weren't running mufflers but put them back on before they got there :evilb: ),told us we were 100% legal and that the lake had no restrictions,said have fun and left!!!I proceeded to make a couple victory laps just to show the cops did nothing then my buddie (old navy on here) puzzed out and said lets put it on the trailer so no one gets mad. If it was my boat I would have ran it for six more hours just to punish the neigbors :evilb: :evilb: but it wasn't mine.
Maybe your running into the same situation,Smitty

mr_velocity 07-31-2006 12:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
We got hassled yesterday. There was 6 of us running, they saw the helmets and asked to see our race permit. "We're not racing, we are not race boats." "Well it looks like your racing....." Then they said they were getting a lot of complaints from home owners about wakes. Then they stopped each and every one of us to bust balls and write tickets about flame arrestors, fire extinguishers, throwable cushins, licenses....you name it. They didn't stop the entire pack at once, just picked us off one at a time with the same crap.

Geeze, we weren't even going that fast :rolleyes:

hunster 07-31-2006 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by mr_velocity
We got hassled yesterday. There was 6 of us running, they saw the helmets and asked to see our race permit. "We're not racing, we are not race boats." "Well it looks like your racing....." Then they said they were getting a lot of complaints from home owners about wakes. Then they stopped each and every one of us to bust balls and write tickets about flame arrestors, fire extinguishers, throwable cushins, licenses....you name it. They didn't stop the entire pack at once, just picked us off one at a time with the same crap.

Geeze, we weren't even going that fast :rolleyes:

I made twice the wake your boats do running around trying to get some good pics of you! The flame arestor is an old one. They use that all the time.