Inflateable boat recommendations >

Inflateable boat recommendations

Notices

Inflateable boat recommendations

Old 07-30-2006, 10:56 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Inflateable boat recommendations

I want to buy a small inflateable boat. I have davits on my sea wall so I figured it would be good for cleaning the other boat while on the lift and just cruising around. I guess about 12 foot with a small outboard (Mayve a 225 ) would be good. Anyone know of any nice used ones out there? Any recommendations on what type to look for.
Old 07-30-2006, 11:09 PM
CBR
www.hyperfishing.com
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Inflateable boat recommendations

Lots to choose from. You might want to go with a RIB....hard bottom inflatable. They have a fiberglass v hull with the inflatable tube around the outside, seems to be the best set up. Rides great, is extremely stable and the tubes knock down the spray.

If you want your boat portable "sometimes" it is hard to beat the inflatable floor model inflatables. Rolls up nice and compact, inflating the floor gives the hard bottom effect.

Most folks do not like the wood floor boats, as sand gets caught between the wood and air tubes, wears away, then POP! when you least want it to happen. Also, the wood sections are heavy and difficult to store/handle when the boat is deflated.

Last edited by CBR; 07-31-2006 at 05:18 AM.
Old 07-31-2006, 05:40 AM
Registered

Nautica RIBs are a good quality manufacturer based in Florida. They are popular as large yacht tenders so they are finished to very high standards. Other top quality brands are imports: Novamarine, Novurania, Zodiac, Avon, etc. If you want something real simple and functional, check Quicksilver out.
Old 07-31-2006, 05:53 AM
Registered

you might want to check out www.duxboats.com or www.aquariusinflatables.co.za.

these things are known as zapcats or thundercats, they even race in their own series. not your regular clean-the-boat-and-cruise-a-little dinghy,though...

peter
austria
Old 07-31-2006, 06:25 AM
Registered

Now thats a nice thread....
Old 07-31-2006, 07:34 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a 10.5 Caribe witha 9.9 Johnson on it. It planes well with two people and is rated for up to 20hp! They are very well made and the air chamber are oversized which make them very stable. I would highly recommend them.
Old 07-31-2006, 08:03 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Check out the little 12' Boston Whaler. It's solid fiberglass and nothing to pop.
Old 07-31-2006, 08:16 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Mike the whaler might be hard to use working around his paint job! The rub rail won't be as forgiving as an inflatable.
I bought a 15 Whaler on Saturday and had a blast with it with my kids. Best part is the total fuel usage for the weekend was $17 and the insurance is $227 per year!

BTW if Gino gets an inflatable you know with his luck it will deflate while in the water with $1,000 worth of tools aboard and he will post more bad luck on the board!
Old 07-31-2006, 10:39 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

BTW if Gino gets an inflatable you know with his luck it will deflate while in the water with $1,000 worth of tools aboard and he will post more bad luck on the board! [/QUOTE]

You know that's going to happen for sure!!
Old 07-31-2006, 12:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We have a 13' AVON w/ fiberglass hull, had it about 16 years now, 25 Merc on it. Fun boat, and you will be amazed at how much weight they are rated for??

WILL

Quick Reply: Inflateable boat recommendations

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.