Notices

525 SC Problems - Help!

Old 05-11-2012, 06:06 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If one of the purple wires is shorting to ground it will short out your jumper wire too. Do the giggle test. My first areas to giggle would be the wire between the harness plug and alt and the ignition/kill switch area.
Old 05-11-2012, 06:47 AM
Registered

Received 83 Likes on 37 Posts

Moving wires around does nothing. It's only when the motor has a load on it above 3,500 RPM will the problem resurface. This problem cannot be duplicated on the hose.
Old 05-11-2012, 08:42 PM
Registered

Go out and run it again till it does the no spark thing. Then giggle the wires. See if you get spark again. One ign wire is shorting to ground probably when it or the surface gets hot. That or the dist or module ground is weak.
Old 05-12-2012, 04:58 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by blue thunder
Go out and run it again till it does the no spark thing. Then giggle the wires. See if you get spark again. One ign wire is shorting to ground probably when it or the surface gets hot. That or the dist or module ground is weak.
Don't GIGGLE the wires. JIGGLE them..
Old 05-12-2012, 07:56 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by blue thunder
I DID THIS WHEN I HAD NO SPARK AND THE MOTOR WAS HOT!!! I don't know how much more clear I can make this point to you. The problem is not in the wiring. Screw it I'll just spend the cash and replace parts. Thanks for the help...not so much.
Old 05-12-2012, 08:02 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Precision
I DID THIS WHEN I HAD NO SPARK AND THE MOTOR WAS HOT!!! I don't know how much more clear I can make this point to you. The problem is not in the wiring. Screw it I'll just spend the cash and replace parts. Thanks for the help...not so much.
Please remind me to never try to help you again with my experience of problem I've already had and solved. Your an ungrateful asshat.

Last edited by blue thunder; 05-13-2012 at 05:51 AM.
Old 05-12-2012, 08:09 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Rattlesnake Jake
Don't GIGGLE the wires. JIGGLE them..
Giggle, thats funny. )

Last edited by blue thunder; 05-13-2012 at 05:50 AM.
Old 05-12-2012, 08:25 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

wow,a pizzing contest about advice.to the origional poster,i had a 96 baja with a pair of sc525s,the port engine developed the same simptoms you are having,the problem was the hall efect unit in the distributor,i did some research and found that it was a common problem,this is what i would change,worked for me.
Old 05-20-2012, 08:04 PM
Registered

I got a hold of a diagnostic flow chart and found that the sensor in the distributor was the problem.....not loose wires. :-P now I just need to replace the elegid defected pickup and see if it runs.
Old 05-20-2012, 08:30 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default fixx

Originally Posted by Precision
I got a hold of a diagnostic flow chart and found that the sensor in the distributor was the problem.....not loose wires. :-P now I just need to replace the elegid defected pickup and see if it runs.
when you get the new one make sure its the updated one..i for get what the diffewrance is,but it is almost a totallly sealed unit and i think it has wires attached to it..

Quick Reply: 525 SC Problems - Help!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.