Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   big guns shootout,aug 5 lake texoma (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/136696-big-guns-shootout-aug-5-lake-texoma.html)

johnnyboatman 08-01-2006 12:03 PM

big guns shootout,aug 5 lake texoma

will anyone be going or does anyone know anything about this shootout? flash gordan is puttin this on! would like to spectate! :rolleyes: would be nice to get alot of nice hardware there to watch!
thanx,johnny

Clay Washington 08-01-2006 12:15 PM

Re: big guns shootout,aug 5 lake texoma

Lake Texoma is a great party lake. Y'all have fun at "The Islands"! :D

Wicked Temptation 08-01-2006 01:23 PM

Johnny-

We've been on the lake the last couple of years when this was scheduled. It usually doesn't seem to have as many participants as the one on Labor Day. In the past there has been ample hardware there to warrant taking the trip from your location. If you are taking your boat, be ready for the ramp at Highport to be a 'zoo'. We try to get on the water early and stay there until after the run has ended. Flash has a website and some info there. A wild guess on numbers participating would be somewhere around 40-50 boats with about 10-12 that are serious boats.
We have other commitments this weekend so we'll not be there this year.

johnnyboatman 08-01-2006 01:52 PM

were is the shootout usually held at(wat part of the lake)?

Chest Rockwell 08-01-2006 02:04 PM

Not sure if there was a shootout but there was a run this past weekend. The big run is Labor Day weekend at Highport and there are some serious boats there. Sept 2nd I think is the date.

johnnyboatman 08-01-2006 02:30 PM

ya i was there for that too! am goin back this weekend and heard of the shootout so thought it would be interesting to watch!

cigracing1 08-01-2006 03:17 PM

I haven't heard anything about a "Shootout" this weekend but all I can say is the Labor Day Poker Run is insane. $500.00 entry winner take all. Usaully 100 plus boats and it's balls to the wall. It never be like it was when the Loe's ran it but it will be good this year I know that.

Chest Rockwell 08-01-2006 04:27 PM

It was fun when Loe's ran it but it seems to building up again and the turnout is bigger every year. There were some great boats there last year and I'm sure this year will be no different.

johnnyboatman 08-01-2006 05:54 PM

yeah we ran labor day poker runs last year also! awesome great time, alot of awesome boats there,and great people!

cigracing1 08-02-2006 03:05 PM

I noticed on Flash Gordons website he has a "Shootout" marked for this weekend on Texoma but that's all I know.