Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Thank you Graphics Co.!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/136730-thank-you-graphics-co.html)

thisistank 08-01-2006 11:02 PM

Re: Thank you Graphics Co.!!

wannanewboat,

Yes the plans were there for all this stuff. It just wouldn't have been done in 1 season. The next and last thing is going to be a swim step from west coast offshore unlimited. Kevin's making the custom step. Can't wait to see it on!

Chris, I was told it's a newer material from 3M that is supposed to hold up way better than the older stuff. We'll see. Supposidly it's warrantied for up to 5 years. I'll be happy if I get three out of it. I explained to them that it's stored outdoors under a full canvas cover. They seemed to feel that was fine.

Ryan, I know you do this type of stuff too. Not taking anything away from you at all. I was just extremely happy with them.

Zudnic, It's an awesome idea. The stuff that was on there before was vinyl too. But it wasn't as brite and 3 dimensional as this newer material. It looks like paint up to about 2' away from it.

Dan, I'll work on that for you ;)

US1Fountain, thanks. It's actually two pieces on the sides. They split it right in the middle. You can't tell until you really start inspecting it. They did a great job!

FASTERDAMITT 08-01-2006 11:44 PM

Boat looks awsome Tank! They did mine also. :drink:

29scarab 08-02-2006 07:07 AM

Kick _a** Tank!!!

:d

NJgr8ful 08-02-2006 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by thisistank
Chris, I was told it's a newer material from 3M that is supposed to hold up way better than the older stuff. We'll see. Supposidly it's warrantied for up to 5 years. I'll be happy if I get three out of it. I explained to them that it's stored outdoors under a full canvas cover. They seemed to feel that was fine.

Cool Tank. Hopefully it will 'out perform' all expectations for both you and them! :drink:

Thanks for the 411 ... I will call them for any other info and questions I might have. I gotta look for a new design though ... you stole mine!! LOL :D :D :D ((kidding of course, but you made a perfect choice for my taste in graffics ;) ))

Chris

Stormrider 08-02-2006 02:22 PM

read the article, didn't realize it was your boat.
Turned out nice.
Keep us updated on the wear and tear.

kr1276 08-02-2006 02:39 PM

I have the vinyl on the sides of mine 2003 and have been extremely dissapointed in how well it holds up. It is like every time I wash it, I see another rub or tear in it. It has not been fading just more sensitive than i would think for the marine environment. I look forward to hearing how it comes out as it would be easier to replace than paint. After this season, I will definitely be doing something to mine.

Keith

satisfactionII 08-02-2006 03:22 PM

Very nice. Do the graphics say 'lit Cigarette' ? It looks awesome.

Wild 08-02-2006 03:23 PM

Tank, boat looks awsome, do you work for PBM, or how did you come about getting this done

Wild

Steamin Rice 08-02-2006 05:41 PM

Looks great Tank.. Hope to see you on the water one of these days.

thisistank 08-02-2006 06:55 PM

Chris, call 'em up. Kim is the bomb and can work with you on whatever you want graphics wise. That is what I thought was so cool about the whole thing. It's not just flat basic colors like Vinyl used to be. Now they can do shading and fades and almost an airbrush look as well.

Sorm, I'll keep you guys updated.

Keith, there was vinyl on the boat prior to this so I know what you're talking about. It seems if you run up against a dock or even if a fender rubs on it it will damage the vinyl. It is going to be a chore to keep from bumping and rubbing on things. But then again, if I just paid 70k+ on a custom paint job I'd want to keep it away from everything too. I also look at it like this: If I can keep it for 2-3 years I'll be very happy. 5k every 2-3 years and change up the design is not that bad.

Satisfaction, It says "Lit" down the side and gets smaller as it moves to the rear. Just the large Cigarette oval on the side and on the deck it says "Lit Cigarette"

Randy, I've known the staff at PBM for a while now and have become very good friends with them. When they were fishing around to do a story like this I jumped at the opportunity. Thanks to Livorsi I got new throttles, gauges and wheel. Thanks to the graphics co. I got the graphics, thanks to Audio Experts and Eclipse I got the 6k watt system with flat screen tv's and thanks to Kevin @ Westcoast offshore unlimited they're doing a new custom swim step. And of course Teague Marine for doing the install on the gauges and swim step. It was a win/win for everyone. The companies get "free" advertisement (ad space cost is insane!), PBM gets a new type of story for them on what readers were asking for and of course I get to have my boat re-done ;)

Greg, the motor's getting fixed so I'll be on the water at the end of Aug I hope. Maybe going to hit Mead with the SCOPE group for Labor Day.