Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Fan Question? Factory 1 and 2 VS Exotic Canopied boats racing? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/136786-fan-question-factory-1-2-vs-exotic-canopied-boats-racing.html)

Fanatic 08-03-2006 10:58 PM

Re: Fan Question? Factory 1 and 2 VS Exotic Canopied boats racing?

Originally Posted by T2x

Next you'll want Nascar to race convertibles.

T2x

Why not? F1 does... :D

Fanatic 08-03-2006 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by T2x

You left out sex, drugs and rock and roll. In truth nobody wants to see a bunch of random noise and chaos....except people on meth...

T2x

How about putting the drivers on meth? Now that would be exciting! :drink:

fastedy 08-04-2006 04:57 AM

It would take getting back to 1 engine, not 3 versions on the same engine. Look at what happen last year, everyone started withmerc 496 then went to the Innovation motor and then back to the hp500 or some crocket motor, it's a mess, and I almost got sucked right back into that crap. To get it back together start out with 1 motor 1 drive and 1 weight, 2 ot 3 boats and the rest will follow, everyone misses the good ol days, it just got to costly to keep up.

T2x 08-04-2006 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by MarkMathews
. Rich, you're a bitter guy. I'm sad for you.

I'm touched.......

T2x

THEJOKER 08-04-2006 08:38 AM

What does first place pay in the big cats and v's? Not trying to start anything but I want to know!

THEJOKER 08-04-2006 08:41 AM

Correction. Factory Class Racing had just (1) death(FactoryII). Jack Storelle was racing P-Class when he crashed.

DURANGOKID59 08-04-2006 08:56 AM

Being a new guy to the site, you take take my opinion with a grain of salt, but I would love to see a race or a circuit come back for the open cockpit factory boats. Watching the big exotic boats is a blast, but there is something about a boat that I could just walk in to the showroom and purchase that makes it more exciting for the average guy. I guess for me its like the "bomber" class racing at your local speedway. These guys have basic factory cars and are able to afford to go racing every weekend. For the normal guy, racing a big canopy boat with millions of dollars invested really isnt feasable. I understand the safety concerns, thats where there would be certain regulations that come in to play, like motor sizes and things of that nature. I guess its the idea of a beginner class, and being able to race without having to see off your first born that is exciting. Just my 1/2 pennies worth :D

THEJOKER 08-04-2006 10:06 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Yea no fans would want to watch this!

THEJOKER 08-04-2006 10:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
And this is definitely boring!

T2x 08-04-2006 10:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
:D :p