Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Going testing with Callan Marine today! >

Going testing with Callan Marine today!

Notices

Going testing with Callan Marine today!

Old 08-07-2006, 10:37 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Going testing with Callan Marine today!

Oh and that was just me ....

Gregg had and oil temp and pressure issue

and

Tom had some electrical problem.

Only the Bajas were running well.
Old 08-07-2006, 10:48 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by kswest
Quality replaced my thermostats in the morning.

Gregg and I are running high 50s down the indian river .. one motor dies .. I kill the trottles and open the hatch .. water up OVER the stringers .. Water hose blew off the starboard motor and was filling the bilge .. I thought we were going to sink.

End of the day = me beached at Ballard Park with one motor hydrolocked and the other missing a water hose and a classic Central FL thunderstorm rolling in.

Hour later TowBoat shows up to take us to ICM. Tow boat stalls about 30 times during the less than a mile trip.

EARLY Saturday morning Tim comes out (thanks Tim), puts a hose on and gets the other motor un-hydrolocked. We run it at the marina for a while .. .everyting looks good. I head back for harbortown.

Middle of the river .. Hose comes off again .. port motor dies b/c of all the water. I limp back to ICM. Tim didn't know the clamp on the elbow of the hose was what was wrong, he thought it was just the hose came off so he didn't fix the real problem.

I head over the West Marine and buy some hose clamps and a leatherman. Pissed I rip the hose out, get it all fixed and quadruple clampped, etc., etc. and head home. This time it is fine.

I spend an hour or so @ harbortown cleaning everything up and head out to Ski Island to meet Gregg. 1/2 way down the barge canal the port (hydrolocked) motor craps out and won't restart. Black smoke.

We limp over to the island, hang out all day and head back around 5. Both motors start right up. I am thinking the combo of being hydrolocked and all the water I was spraying while cleaning caused the port motor issue in the afternoon since it made it all the way back from ICM fine.

Ahhhhhhh nice relaxing birthday weekend

Sorry about your bad luck, sounds like Quality is not quite living up to their name. I'll show this thread to HQ the next time she is complaining that I should let somebody else do the work on our boats!

You need to change the oil in both of your engines ASAP! Get that H2O out of them! I can help you with my electric oil changer, let me know.
Glad everybody made it back ok.
Dean
Old 08-07-2006, 11:00 AM
Registered

I have fresh batteries, and the motor was slowly turning over and I smelled an electrical smell. It cranked a few minutes later, and I took off. I think that it is probably just the battery cables need replacing. We will plan to do the trip again.

Tom
Old 08-07-2006, 11:05 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Dean Ferry
Sorry about your bad luck, sounds like Quality is not quite living up to their name. I'll show this thread to HQ the next time she is complaining that I should let somebody else do the work on our boats!

You need to change the oil in both of your engines ASAP! Get that H2O out of them! I can help you with my electric oil changer, let me know.
Glad everybody made it back ok.
Dean
Dean,

If you WANT to do it I am always interested in learning more.

BUT ...

If you don't I was planning on having it done.
Old 08-07-2006, 11:11 AM
Registered

We can't forget Gregg almost getting his toe pinched off by an unhappy crab.
Old 08-07-2006, 11:21 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Originally Posted by kswest
Dean,

If you WANT to do it I am always interested in learning more.

BUT ...

If you don't I was planning on having it done.

K,
I'll call you.
Dean
Old 08-13-2006, 07:20 AM
Registered

Hey Dean -

Glad to hear that you are finally getting your goat smelling @$$ up to LOTO !!! Yeah buddy...

Sherry is going up for the first time this year too. We'll hook up with you, Miss R, and JC/RC.

You will definately be on sensory overload up there - nothing quite like it, and DC is such a genuinely cool guy...

-Bruce
Old 08-13-2006, 11:02 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Originally Posted by speedster
Hey Dean -

Glad to hear that you are finally getting your goat smelling @$$ up to LOTO !!! Yeah buddy...

Sherry is going up for the first time this year too. We'll hook up with you, Miss R, and JC/RC.

You will definately be on sensory overload up there - nothing quite like it, and DC is such a genuinely cool guy...

-Bruce
Speed,
I Don't know who's a$$ you have been smelling, BUT it wasn't mine. I'm not that kind of FERRY!
Call me @ the house today, (I'm still working on our Master bathroom remodel project from HE!!) HQ and I want to extend an invite to you, Sherry and the kids for our 4th annual TIKI Bar party. It's Sept 3rd, Sunday, 2pm till ?? Steve Michels, John Crist are coming to the party with a whole bunch of other LM engineers from Orlando that you used to work!!!

Also, did JC tell you we bought a 2006 Seadoo Sportster, ("HQ's creek cruiser"), it will be here next week! The kids can't wait til it gets here! Heck, I can't wait til it gets here, then I can put the hurt on that punk speedster of yours!!!!
Dean
Attached Thumbnails Going testing with Callan Marine today!-seadoo-big-pic.jpg  

Last edited by Dean Ferry; 08-13-2006 at 11:07 AM.
Old 08-13-2006, 02:42 PM
Registered

Dean -

Oh man. You're gonna make me put Nitrous on the 'ol Sea Doo just to put a can of Whupass on you. Damn.

Hey, tanx for the invite, we'll be there, but do you really want to lower your standard of living to our level ? We don't even have a full set of teeth between the four of us.

Anyway, left you a message on HQ phone.

-B
Old 08-13-2006, 02:44 PM
Registered

P.S. That is a nice Sea Doo if the women in your life ever let you drive it.