Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   New engine technology, or Hocus Pocus.....? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/137153-new-engine-technology-hocus-pocus.html)

Fanatic 08-08-2006 05:42 PM

Re: New engine technology, or Hocus Pocus.....?

Originally Posted by TeamTaboo
We had the best start in the race and at about 127- 130 Reggies boat with the new motors went by us at least 20 to 30 mph faster than we were going. When they get it right the boating world will stand up and take notice. Also at is very quite at WOF

And everyone including normal powerboaters will benifit if it really does pan out.
But instead since Reggie is involved many call BS and make nasty comments about the man.

pstorti 08-08-2006 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
Solaroli also has new, patented technology that will allow Reggie to double the amount of rapper-bling jewelry and still remain upright under his own power.

Solaroli is also working on physics-defying technology that will make Reggie's hair look real.

:D :D :D too funny

pstorti 08-08-2006 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by Fanatic
And everyone including normal powerboaters will benifit if it really does pan out.
But instead since Reggie is involved many call BS and make nasty comments about the man.

I think almost everyone here would agree Fountain makes a great boat and is one of the industry leaders, but Reggie is as tacky as they come. Hey it works for him and obviously his confidence and penchant for boasting has done him well over the years, doesn't mean we can't laugh at his choice of attire. I hope he is sucessful, just imagine how fast cats will be with this new technology.

Back4More 08-08-2006 10:58 PM

Reggie is the nicest, well knowledge V bottom guy I've ever spoke with.

FeverMike 08-09-2006 08:33 AM

Backformore and Fanatic, I could not agree more....I have met Reggie several times as a potential customer, returning customer and as a APBA Tech Inspector. Reggie has always been very professional and nice to my wife and I and the same goes to all Fountian employees I've met and delt with.
I too am sick and tired of the slams on this message forum about the mans looks and dress code. I do not hear people talking about other owners of boat companies looks and dress and there are some big fat and ugly charactors out there! :D Grow up people, we are not in kindergarten any more, it is getting very old.

Chris Sunkin 08-09-2006 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by FeverMike
I too am sick and tired of the slams on this message forum about the mans looks and dress code. I do not hear people talking about other owners of boat companies looks and dress and there are some big fat and ugly charactors out there! :D Grow up people, we are not in kindergarten any more, it is getting very old.

Don't you think Reggie brings it on himself? Just a lttle bit?

How many other boatbuilders put full-page photos of themselves in their ads? I can't think of one- not even Aronow.

Reggie is a good guy and a good boatbuilder. He's also the PT Barnum of our industry and a relentless promoter of his business. You place yourself in the arena- especially with Reggie's caricature-like appearance, you have to expect to take some heat. Is it childish? Sure. Is it macicious? No. I can't say I've ever met anyone who dislikes Reggie although I'm sure there are a few out there. I'd imagine those with legitimate beefs aren't making hairdo cracks on this board.

I, like many others, get a bit tired of his relentless PR machine. He buys ads in alot of places so the media reports everything he dishes out. If he builds this engine and it revolutionizes the industry, he's due all the credit in the world. Let's wait to hear all about it until it happens. I don't need to know every one of his schemes. I also want to hear about it independently- not from Reggie's highly-manipulated PR.

Panther 08-09-2006 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by Back4More

I can't disagree with you on that! Spent about 30 minutes talking with him in NYC a few years ago. He even sent me a follow up email after we met.

Everything else is just business! :drink:

fountain1fan 08-09-2006 05:16 PM

AMEN mike it's like a broken record .

kickin32 08-10-2006 03:40 PM

i can tell you this that on fri when they were out testing the boat it came by me and the boat with all the tech's on it and it was moving pretty fast and was extremely quite then he pulled up to the tech boat and was talking to them and said that it was running 185 and he still had a 1/4 throttle left then he said that it was missing all the way up to that speed and they needed to find the miss in the motors the tech had there laptops plugged into the boat and said the was a fuel issue and it wouldnt take long to fix if they do get the bugs worked out on this boat it will be just like when bigfoot came out with the new suspension technology and he left all the other monster trucks behind by at least a 1/2 track and the officials band him from competing now all the trucks use that suspension system so look out !

candyman35 08-10-2006 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by Back4More

I couldn't agree more.
Dan