Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   New engine technology, or Hocus Pocus.....? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/137153-new-engine-technology-hocus-pocus.html)

cigarette28ss 08-12-2006 08:16 AM

Re: New engine technology, or Hocus Pocus.....?

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
Here. I figured you were out so you can have a couple of mine.

. , ; , . . ( , . . ) " :

They're punctuation marks. You may not need them all but I'm thinking that a few of the periods might come in handy.

This is gettin' good............

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2.../nanaparty.gif

Raylar 08-12-2006 01:54 PM

Reggie and his Fountain Powerboats have done more for the performance boat industry than almost any such person alive today, there is no disputing that! His record as a boat racer, boat builder and innovater speaks for itself. I have never met the man personally, seen him a few times and heard his comments. He is colorful and proud as anybody in his postion would tend to be, but he deserves a little more respect from some on this forum than he is getting. This industry and sport needs the" Reggies" of the world if it is going to thrive and survive!
The purpose of this thread I thought was to discuss this new engine technology, not sit here and take cheap pock shots at a mans persona!
I for one as an engine man hope there really is something here in this technology and that its benefits, if realized, strengthen our industry and spread to other uses.
This will be good for boating, competition, and US technology!
Let's wait and see the real results and then maybe we as a group will know more and be able to cary on an intelligent conversation.

Regards,
Ray @ Raylar

Cash Bar 08-12-2006 01:58 PM

Geez, look what you guys did to my thread !! :mad:

ratman 08-17-2006 01:54 AM

Originally Posted by FeverMike
Geesh, do YOU always have to try to bring down a thread with slams to Reggie Fountains personal looks? Seriously can you please grow up? We all know who Reggie is and what he looks like...your kindergarden humor is getting very old.

thanks, Mike :mad:

come on dude, anyone wearing a mr T starter kit needs to get busted on :evilb: i think its hystairical everytime i see hic pics when he's all blinged out like a rapper, i lmao. and i think he's the only guy in the country using ronco hair in a spray can :p

Scott B 08-17-2006 04:09 AM

Originally Posted by Fanatic
Making ugly remarks about his attire etc. only shows immaturity and I would expect it...on an elementary school playground but not here.

Used to be the difference between an elementary school playground and an internet chat board was they playground lacked computers.... :drink:

GLH 08-17-2006 07:05 AM

Then,

How fast did it go yet?

Did it win?

sonicator 08-18-2006 04:09 AM

I think Hocus Pocus, in the early 80s shelby experimented with super-heating the intake into turbos which made more horsepower but could not control the pre-detonation and the motor would not stay together.

As far as Reggie goes....he is the master of PR and promoting his business....no different then Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, etc...

Jassman 08-18-2006 04:23 AM

Originally Posted by Raylar
Reggie and his Fountain Powerboats have done more for the performance boat industry than almost any such person alive today, there is no disputing that! His record as a boat racer, boat builder and innovater speaks for itself. I have never met the man personally, seen him a few times and heard his comments. He is colorful and proud as anybody in his postion would tend to be, but he deserves a little more respect from some on this forum than he is getting. This industry and sport needs the" Reggies" of the world if it is going to thrive and survive!
The purpose of this thread I thought was to discuss this new engine technology, not sit here and take cheap pock shots at a mans persona!
I for one as an engine man hope there really is something here in this technology and that its benefits, if realized, strengthen our industry and spread to other uses.
This will be good for boating, competition, and US technology!
Let's wait and see the real results and then maybe we as a group will know more and be able to cary on an intelligent conversation.

Regards,
Ray @ Raylar

I couldnt have said it any better. JJ

Audiofn 08-18-2006 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by sonicator
I think Hocus Pocus, in the early 80s shelby experimented with super-heating the intake into turbos which made more horsepower but could not control the pre-detonation and the motor would not stay together.

As far as Reggie goes....he is the master of PR and promoting his business....no different then Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, etc...

Remember there were people that laughed at us trying to put a man in outerspace...... Technology is a wonderfly evolving thing.... :drink:

Chris Sunkin 08-18-2006 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by sonicator

You're absolutely right...

...except for the cartoonish appearance.

Could you imagine Waren Buffett with a big black hairdo and rapper jewelry?