Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   38ft Wellcraft Scarab for sale good deal? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/137209-38ft-wellcraft-scarab-sale-good-deal.html)

Pantera1 08-09-2006 05:50 PM

Re: 38ft Wellcraft Scarab for sale good deal?

The scarabs dont seem to hold their value , ive seen a couple similar to that one go in the forties..
They are pretty good wave crushers for the price of a new runabout :drink:

thisistank 08-09-2006 05:58 PM

Those Scarabs are good boats. Heavy wave crushers. The Scarab market took a nose dive when Wellcraft (Brunswick Corp) stopped building them. Still, I've had a lot of hours in big water on 38' Scarabs. Great boat! The price is like others have said. pretty good to average deal. It is a lot of boat for the money though.

cigarette38topgun 08-09-2006 06:09 PM

Thanks for the input guys! Yeah i do agree with owning a 38 cig.......thats why my handle it cigarette38topgun! Deep down cig's are my fav.....then not far back the old apache's and scarabs........i still like the lines of the scarab in the classified and think it would be a sweet boat with some updating...and the worst water my boat will ever see will be a loto

ToTheMax 08-09-2006 06:38 PM

I wish they still made the scarabs, especially the 38'. Great lines and the helm with the guage layout imo is awesome...fountain should take a page out of their book!

thisistank 08-09-2006 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by cigarette38topgun
Thanks for the input guys! Yeah i do agree with owning a 38 cig.......thats why my handle it cigarette38topgun! Deep down cig's are my fav.....then not far back the old apache's and scarabs........i still like the lines of the scarab in the classified and think it would be a sweet boat with some updating...and the worst water my boat will ever see will be a loto

If you like Apache and Top Guns you should really look at the older KV Larry Smith Scarabs. More old school lines like the previously mentioned boats. And an AWESOME machine!

thisistank 08-09-2006 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by ToTheMax
I wish they still made the scarabs, especially the 38'. Great lines and the helm with the guage layout imo is awesome...fountain should take a page out of their book!

Oh man, you did not just bring the F word into this thread did you?!

Stand by....it'll go down hill quick from here :drink:

Pantera1 08-09-2006 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by ToTheMax

I agree 100% ..fountains a great boat but that orange crate dashboard is older than dirt :chimp:

woogie 08-09-2006 08:46 PM

Find a Larry Smith 38. Was in both before in Detroit River freighter wakes years back and the Larry Smith was the most fun. Best value of the year I think was Jody163's - Staggered,#5's, 100mph and all white. Think it went for low 70's. Not for everyone as no cabin but a knock-out classic. Congrats to new owner if your on here. Not many built but they do pop up.

TeamSaris 08-09-2006 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by woogie
Find a Larry Smith 38. Was in both before in Detroit River freighter wakes years back and the Larry Smith was the most fun. Best value of the year I think was Jody163's - Staggered,#5's, 100mph and all white. Think it went for low 70's. Not for everyone as no cabin but a knock-out classic. Congrats to new owner if your on here. Not many built but they do pop up.

We wanted to buy that boat sooo bad!! Congrats to the new owner!! :cool:

ToTheMax 08-09-2006 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by thisistank
Oh man, you did not just bring the F word into this thread did you?!

Stand by....it'll go down hill quick from here :drink:

Oops...my bad! :D