10.91%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Eggbeater cats

Old 08-10-2006, 07:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Eggbeater cats

Originally Posted by berns29scarab
when they know the water and the short cuts that always helps. i was there last year and watched them run along the shorelines not down the middle of the channel with the rest of us.
dont forget jumping the start !!!! Charlie was suppose to get it started but Joey n Nick decided to take off and then everybody followed .but that is what they had to do to be first outboard. there were 2 other 28s there that had him covered obviously Charlie is faster I saw it on the way in and I was running them down untill they cut me off! they should have never got the win and they know that!
Old 08-10-2006, 07:17 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Havasu Cig
Sounds about right to me. The 28 I just sold was a rocket, and it would handle 2-3' chop easily. The one AMT that was in Havasu was about a 100 mph boat max. Very nice looking boat, but my Skater would walk all over it all day long. A Spectre with the same power as my Skater is at least 12 mph slower (probably closer to 15 but I am being nice). If I had to do it all over again I would buy another Skater. The only reason I sold it was because I did not have the time to use it. It is an awesome boat.
Know question that a 28 Skater is a faster boat in chop. 2-3 is chop and just water that we normally run in. Nothing really to even mention however anybody that knows, and I think you are in the know, the Havasu AMT was not properly set up from the start. From what I hear it is running better back hear on the east coast.

The Hot Toddy was definatly a scrammble and for the length of the run and the flat water, we were very happy were we came in.
Old 08-10-2006, 07:37 PM
Registered

This was some pretty decent water on Lake Champlain last year. GL has a wider shot showing more of the water and some big boat catching air.
Attached Images  
Old 08-11-2006, 06:17 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Tantrum
This was some pretty decent water on Lake Champlain last year. GL has a wider shot showing more of the water and some big boat catching air.
Chris,

That looks like an AWESOME photo! I clicked on it but could not enlarge. Could you e-mail it me? I hope you and the family are well.

Shane
Old 08-11-2006, 07:39 AM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,064 Likes on 281 Posts

Originally Posted by Shane
Chris,

That looks like an AWESOME photo! I clicked on it but could not enlarge. Could you e-mail it me? I hope you and the family are well.

Shane
This weekend I will be out on the lake with a 26 sutphen and eggbeaters. See ya out there.
Old 08-11-2006, 09:44 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

chop isnt the issue...bring the 28 with me out either barnegat or manasquan inlets when we got 4-6ft swells with 1-2 ft chop across the top...been there done that...ask the owners of the 36 gladiator and the 39 OL i ran with from the manasquan inlet to the barnegat inlet with. they had me outside, but boy did i whoop there asssssses when we came back inside

Last edited by berns29scarab; 08-11-2006 at 09:45 AM. Reason: add'l info
Old 08-11-2006, 11:06 AM
Registered

Know question that a 28 Skater is a faster boat in chop. 2-3 is chop and just water that we normally run in. Nothing really to even mention however anybody that knows, and I think you are in the know, the Havasu AMT was not properly set up from the start. From what I hear it is running better back hear on the east coast.

The Hot Toddy was definatly a scrammble and for the length of the run and the flat water, we were very happy were we came in.
The boat was not set-up right for the PowerBoat Mag test, but that was because they were still finishing the rigging the morning before the test. I know the person that built the boat very well. After the test the boat was set-up properly and it was still only about a 100 mile an hour boat. I was thinking about buying one, but with the epoxy upgrade you could buy a Skater for the same price.

I like the AMT, but on water like Lake Havasu (even when it gets windy and choppy) the Skater will smoke it all day long. As a matter of fact my Skater would handle water at 100+ that my west coast built cats could not handle at all. I think the rough water capability of the Skater is respectable IMO.
Old 08-11-2006, 11:08 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by berns29scarab
chop isnt the issue...bring the 28 with me out either barnegat or manasquan inlets when we got 4-6ft swells with 1-2 ft chop across the top...been there done that...ask the owners of the 36 gladiator and the 39 OL i ran with from the manasquan inlet to the barnegat inlet with. they had me outside, but boy did i whoop there asssssses when we came back inside
In water like that I don't want to be in any smaller boat. I bought my Top Gun for running in the ocean, and IMO it is a better all around boat for the Pacific Ocean (or any comparable body of water)...
Old 08-11-2006, 11:21 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Havasu Cig
I think the rough water capability of the Skater is respectable IMO.
I didnt mean to imply that a 28 Skater is not respectable, they are awsome. Its just my opinion that the 28's and 30's are two different boats. I looked for a nice 28 for a few years before I came across the AMT. After owning the AMT Im very happy that I did end up in the bigger boat for the conditions that we run.
Old 08-11-2006, 12:14 PM
Registered

I didnt mean to imply that a 28 Skater is not respectable, they are awsome. Its just my opinion that the 28's and 30's are two different boats. I looked for a nice 28 for a few years before I came across the AMT. After owning the AMT Im very happy that I did end up in the bigger boat for the conditions that we run.
Cool, I really liked the AMT but for Havasu I thought the Skater was a better choice. I was looking for the fastest O/B cat in the 28-30' range, and I felt the Skater was the best choice for me. I don't think you can go wrong with either boat though.

Quick Reply: Eggbeater cats

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.