Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Apache I Am Sold (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/137249-apache-i-am-sold.html)

Chris Sunkin 08-08-2006 09:42 AM

Re: Apache I Am Sold

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
. If it had been any other boat in that trip at the end, including many build to todays standards; they would have been dead.

And that was the super-light boat they built. Warpath wouldn't have pitched up, let alone slowed when it came back down. The wave would have moved. If you watch the running surface on the "Team" boat, it isn't even in the water most of the time.

Panther 08-08-2006 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by Stormrider
Scary thing is... it wasn't rough out this weekend. :drink:

Saturday was flat as a lake. Sunday was NE winds at 15 mph, 3-4 ft. Nothing big, just enough to have some fun in! :cool:

Panther 08-08-2006 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
And that was the super-light boat they built. Warpath wouldn't have pitched up, let alone slowed when it came back down. The wave would have moved. If you watch the running surface on the "Team" boat, it isn't even in the water most of the time.

Here's what the man himself had to say about the team boat in that video!

Originally Posted by Bob Saccenti
WHAT TABS?????

We had none!!! We discovered a electrical problem on the Team Apache Boat at the start of the race. That’s why we started 15 minutes late. We had a lot of time and water to make up… Every time I touch the trim tabs or the drives. The engines would lose power. Too much voltage needed to run all the trim motors with shorted batteries. So I set all the trims to a “happy medium general type setting” and told the crew to hold on baby!!! We are going for it..

Surprisingly we finished only of few seconds behind the first boat in spite of the spine and wound up in second place UIM world Champions 1985

Ahhh the good old days

Bobby Saccenti

OldSchool 08-08-2006 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by sakoutis3
The Cat Killer would break up long before that old dog. Just like it did in the NC Race this week end. :eek:

Could you elaborate on that please for those of us who weren't there???

AWESOME video!!!!!!! Thanks for posting it! :D

Stormrider 08-08-2006 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by Panther
Saturday was flat as a lake. Sunday was NE winds at 15 mph, 3-4 ft. Nothing big, just enough to have some fun in! :cool:

3-4 you're just starting to air that baby out. :evilb:
You coming to Paddy's this year? Expensive run for a few beers.

Sydwayz 08-08-2006 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
The wave would have moved.

Now THAT is how you describe and old-school Apache running in the rough!

I did notice that the first 41 in the clip had 2-4 feet of boat touching the water for 90% of the time. SICK!!

Panther 08-08-2006 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by Stormrider
3-4 you're just starting to air that baby out. :evilb:
You coming to Paddy's this year? Expensive run for a few beers.

Definetely at some point! Two weeks ago we went to Bracco's in Freeport, it was an awesome run!

stinger312 08-08-2006 10:24 AM

To me it looks like Warpath is purposely running bow down as to let more of the hull take the brunt of the waves hence the really level flight time...

sakoutis3 08-08-2006 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by OldSchool
Could you elaborate on that please for those of us who weren't there???
:D

Monday, August 7, 2006

Faulty oil canister crushes Roses’ run

By Lawrence Keech, Staff Writer

It wasn’t quite what Team Fountain wanted, far from it actually, but Fountain Powerboats President David Knight still had excitement in his voice, despite a breaking on the first lap and finishing second in the touted Super-Vee Unlimited class, during Sunday’s fifth annual Fountain Powerboats Grand Prix.

Not my words.

Cat Killer? :eek: With magic engines? :cool:

Sydwayz 08-08-2006 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by sakoutis3
With magic engines? :cool:

http://www.tomhanksland.com/Pics/forrest27.jpg

"Lt. Dan; you got magic legs."