Notices

Apache I Am Sold

Old 08-08-2006, 11:12 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Apache I Am Sold

Thanks for all the positive feedback guys/gals, and for those who knock the idea of me owning a 41 someday can kiss my A**. It's the fact that Apache is still a legend in my book and that the majority of them that were built back in the 1980's are still around today. Yes there are faster and lighter boats then Apache's but thats just fine with me because there will always be a bigger faster boat anyways....... the day i pull up next to you on the water with a 41-47 Apache i will smile and wave at you reguadless of what brand of boat you have because i know its what you worked hard for and what you wanted.........we are all here to have fun with our toys on the water and everything else is just B.S.
Old 08-08-2006, 11:18 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by cigarette38topgun
Thanks for all the positive feedback guys/gals, and for those who knock the idea of me owning a 41 someday can kiss my A**. It's the fact that Apache is still a legend in my book and that the majority of them that were built back in the 1980's are still around today. Yes there are faster and lighter boats then Apache's but thats just fine with me because there will always be a bigger faster boat anyways....... the day i pull up next to you on the water with a 41-47 Apache i will smile and wave at you reguadless of what brand of boat you have because i know its what you worked hard for and what you wanted.........we are all here to have fun with our toys on the water and everything else is just B.S.

I am 100% with you on that. I don't own one yet but I wil some day. There is something to be said about owning a legend thats built like a battle ship.
Old 08-08-2006, 11:27 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Without intending to knock any other boat brand,,,, if a bunch of boats are at the dock and one them is a nice old Apache, people will walk right by all the other boats to get a look at the "real thing". At least those people that know anything about offshore boats will.

Speed, speed, speed. Who cares. Anything can be made to go fast. Cool is cool, Apaches are cool. Tough is tough, Apaches are tough. History is important, Apaches wrote some of the best history.

If I could own one, I would. (and so would most of the other guys here that won't admit it)
Old 08-08-2006, 11:31 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by ThirdBird
Without intending to knock any other boat brand,,,, if a bunch of boats are at the dock and one them is a nice old Apache, people will walk right by all the other boats to get a look at the "real thing". At least those people that know anything about offshore boats will.

Speed, speed, speed. Who cares. Anything can be made to go fast. Cool is cool, Apaches are cool. Tough is tough, Apaches are tough. History is important, Apaches wrote some of the best history.

If I could own one, I would. (and so would most of the other guys here that won't admit it)
I own an OL and still walk past my own brand to see both the Apachee's and classic Cig's. The style and history behind them never gets old.
Old 08-08-2006, 11:35 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sakoutis3
I own an OL and still walk past my own brand to see both the Apachee's and classic Cig's. The style and history behind them never gets old.
And that is very cool that you appreciate that history.

Of course, as soon as I was done checking the old Apache at the dock,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I'd be heading for your OL!!!
Old 08-08-2006, 11:53 AM
Registered

I grew up in the 70's and the 80's these boats were the chit! Its what got me hooked.
Old 08-08-2006, 01:06 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

It all comes down to what ya like I guess...

I'd rather have a restored 69-71 Camaro SS or a 57 Chevy with a tube frame, tubbed out with a big block blower motor sticking out the hood instead of a new Corvette....

Old muscle Cars are the bomb, the new Mustangs, Corvetts etc. are for sissys! This is why I like Apache's and Cigs.

Last edited by Panther; 08-08-2006 at 04:29 PM.
Old 08-08-2006, 01:13 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sakoutis3
Monday, August 7, 2006

Faulty oil canister crushes Roses’ run

By Lawrence Keech, Staff Writer

It wasn’t quite what Team Fountain wanted, far from it actually, but Fountain Powerboats President David Knight still had excitement in his voice, despite a breaking on the first lap and finishing second in the touted Super-Vee Unlimited class, during Sunday’s fifth annual Fountain Powerboats Grand Prix.

Not my words.

Cat Killer? With magic engines?
how does a boat that dnf'd get second...sounds like a 2 horse race.lmfao
Old 08-08-2006, 01:28 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ratman
Thats what I was thinking.

And how do you not finish and still get second.

Oh I forgot Reggies race = Reggies rules.
Old 08-08-2006, 01:29 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ratman
The same way you win the "Worlds" idling across the finish line....

Quick Reply: Apache I Am Sold

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.