Tragedy at LOTO.. again... >

Tragedy at LOTO.. again...

Notices

Tragedy at LOTO.. again...

Old 08-07-2006, 03:11 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tragedy at LOTO.. again...

For those who don't know or don't frequent that water.

http://ksdk.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=101485

Not to play Monday morning QB but from the reports. WTF!!! don't drive intoxicated and the 30 MPH nighttime speed limit is for a reason. There was just a sobriety checkpoint on the water last week at LOTO when are people going to wake up here.

Thoughts and prayers.
Old 08-07-2006, 06:33 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,185 Likes on 515 Posts
Default Re: Tragedy at LOTO.. again...

Terrible news. The driver of the go-fast was arrested for Boating While Intoxicated, not just Boating Under the Influence; so you know he was well sauced.

I wish the best for the families adversely affected in this tragedy.

When are the folks that operate their boat after consuming alchohol and then say "thank goodness my buddy was working the sobriety checkpoint" .... going to WAKE THE FLlCK UP??? Its just a matter of time before someone is maimed or killed at their hands too.
Old 08-07-2006, 06:43 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 08-07-2006, 06:57 AM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's really sad. There's no reason to drink alcohol and operate a boat. I know alot of guys do, but, that is'nt right. Whenever we run our boat, I don't even think of having a drink. I could'nt afford to do somrthing stupid because I was "under the influence". It's not fair to all the other people onboard your boat, and to the other boaters.
When we get back to the dock for the night, that's another story.
www.chicagopowerboat.com
Old 08-07-2006, 07:24 AM
Registered

Thats sad.

Local residents too.
Old 08-07-2006, 07:26 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Very sad.

"We do not know the exact cause of the accident but we do know alcohol was involved," Amighetti said.

The other boat, a 36 foot Baja, was filled with eight people, almost all from Rolla. The driver, 32-year-old Scott Inman of Rolla was arrested.

"He was arrested for boating while intoxicated," Amighetti said. But authorities are still waiting for blood alcohol results on the driver of Linda's boat. Investigators are also trying to determine if either boat was speeding or had proper lighting. Authorities say it's too early to know who is to blame.

In addition to Linda Driller's death, seven other people in both boats were also hurt. Their injuries range from minor to serious.
Old 08-07-2006, 07:55 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Another nail in the coffin of performance boating.

A few more and LOTO will have a 200 horsepower limit to accommodate the ski boats and houseboats. And, could you blame them?

The problem isn't just boaters who drink, it's other boaters who tolerate it. If you drink and boat, I don't know you nor will I associate with you in any way. If you don't do the same, you're part of the problem.

I don't know about everyone else, but my boat policy excludes any coverage for any casualty occurring if I'm intoxicated. What a way to ruin your own life, not to mention the innocent woman who was killed.
Old 08-07-2006, 08:18 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Both drivers were arrested for BWI. The Monterey did not have any lights on. Do you think both drivers will get charged with manslaughter? They probably both should.
Old 08-07-2006, 08:23 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by aquatictherapy
Both drivers were arrested for BWI. The Monterey did not have any lights on. Do you think both drivers will get charged with manslaughter? They probably both should.
Is that an update? Doesn't say anything about lack of lights or the Monterey driver in the news article above.
Old 08-07-2006, 08:25 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by aquatictherapy
yes they should. The guy that was drinking will still get the blame even if the boat had no lights and was sitting in the dark. If a sober person runs a red light and kills someone that has been drinking than it still goes on the record as a alcohol related accident.

Quick Reply: Tragedy at LOTO.. again...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.