Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Offshore Outdrives/ Brian Jackson - THANKS A MILLION!!! >

Offshore Outdrives/ Brian Jackson - THANKS A MILLION!!!

Notices

Offshore Outdrives/ Brian Jackson - THANKS A MILLION!!!

Old 08-07-2006, 12:56 PM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Offshore Outdrives/ Brian Jackson - THANKS A MILLION!!!

As you can see from my post history, I don't post near as much as most of you guys and BRAG even less.

I have to BRAG on Brian and Offshore Outdrives. Here's the short version....

Sent the drives to be rebuilt to Brian before heading to Fl. Didn't bring spares w/ me. Before we left one of my drives wouldn't shift into gear. So, my mechanic pulled the cable running from the shifter to the engine apart and found it snapped. He replaced it, I hooked up the trailer and off to Fl. I went (we were in a time-constraint to get out of town so we never started the boat). What my mechanic missed was that both cables were broke (the cable also running from the engine thru the ITS box and into the drive).

When we backed down Haulover Ramp, needless to say, the drive wouldn't shift (at 6 p.m.). I called Brian, and he answered --- which most people wouldn't do that late at night, told him what was going on and he quickly jumped into his truck and drove to the ramp in Miami from Lauderdale. When he got there he pulled the drive off, found what was wrong and told me that, no matter if anything else was wrong, he guaranteed me he would have the drive running for me that night (if he had to work thru the night). On top of that, he was hopping a red-eye flight to the races early the next morning.

Brian replaced the drive cable and had me running in enough time to launch the boat at Haulover and be eating dinner at Monty's by 10 p.m.

I don't know many guys that would stand behind their customers like that --- especially considering that the problem was not even caused by anything he did.

Thanks a million, Brian, for letting our trip run smoothly.

P.S. Phil (Lip-Ship) was gone on a Cincinatti poker run and therefore wouldn't be available for help either. So, without Brian, I'm sure we would have lost, a minimum of, 1-2 days boating!

P.S. Grant - thanks for fiddling around on my engines and cleaning up a few things. You guys are amazing!!!!! Make sure Brian gave you one of my Speedwear shirts. I left one for each of you when we swung back by the following Wed.

My wife tells me she likes the blue on yours better than mine --- which is not what I was wanting to hear!
Old 08-07-2006, 01:21 PM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Re: Offshore Outdrives/ Brian Jackson - THANKS A MILLION!!!

..... Oh, I forgot to mention that I live in Houston and shipped the drives to Brian/Offshore Outdrives in Lauderdale to be freshened, and then Brian shipped them back to me when they were done. My mechanic is also here in Houston.

Hope that helped explain things....