Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Help!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/137369-help.html)

Semper Fi 08-11-2006 01:34 PM

Re: Help!!!

okay......we are getting closer to closure....he just wired half the money ($1,000.00) into my account...the rest he said will come on Monday :D

Wobble 08-11-2006 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by Semper Fi
okay......we are getting closer to closure....he just wired half the money ($1,000.00) into my account...the rest he said will come on Monday :D

Cool :drink:

Indy 08-11-2006 05:03 PM

Being a good mechanic does not necessarily equate to being a good business person...I see it all the time in my business which is building and remodeling. Carpenters go off on their own and don't understand the business end of it and use funds from one job to pay for another and that viscious cycle eventually does them in. I hope that is not the case here but it sure seems like a familiar scenario.

OldSchool 08-14-2006 07:04 AM

Any updates??

offshoredrillin 08-14-2006 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by OldSchool
Any updates??

he is back posting...:evilb:

trader1 08-14-2006 08:51 AM

Heres the update... My boat left on a trailer to be fixed yesterday :D :D :D . The mechanic working on it told me it would be back in the water in two weeks :evilb: :evilb: :evilb: . Gerard got back $1,000. And Joe is suppose to have the rest for me. We will see what unfolds this week. Oh yeah I did get the parts back except for the bolts for the drives. So far he is making good on things.

Semper Fi 08-14-2006 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by trader1
Heres the update... My boat left on a trailer to be fixed yesterday :D :D :D . The mechanic working on it told me it would be back in the water in two weeks :evilb: :evilb: :evilb: . Gerard got back $1,000. And Joe is suppose to have the rest for me. We will see what unfolds this week. Oh yeah I did get the parts back except for the bolts for the drives. So far he is making good on things.

Unfortunately, he has ruined a GOOD boat deal. Too bad we had to wait 3+ months for this to get resolved. :mad:

BajaRunner 08-14-2006 12:54 PM

So why not still buy the boat??

trader1 08-16-2006 09:10 AM

Well the saga continues..... I was asked to e-mail the mechanic in question and give my banking info, Ahhh NO! I did e-mail him and tell him to e-mail me back and we would meet with cash or a cashiers check for the money due to me. Guess what not a word from him(shocker), I have now lost my patience totally and will reveal all if I do not hear from him today. :mad: :mad:

hpoffshore 08-16-2006 09:14 AM

Sorry to hear you're having such a tough time.....