Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   The Million Dollar Race Boat! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/137371-million-dollar-race-boat.html)

CigDaze 08-08-2006 05:04 PM

Re: The Million Dollar Race Boat!

Originally Posted by warbird
(Not that I've ever hired a hooker, mind you).
Mine always called themselves "fiance's"...

Priceless! LMAO! :D :D :D

CigDaze 08-08-2006 05:05 PM

Blake and Brock, I think it's a great idea. Good luck. :cool:

BlakeandBrock 08-08-2006 05:22 PM

Thanks a lot guys, we're extremely excited about this website and think we can raise enough money to go racing!

FeverMike - back in the day we were the two little curly haired kids driving scooters till they were out of gas.

FeverMike 08-08-2006 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by BlakeandBrock
Thanks a lot guys, we're extremely excited about this website and think we can raise enough money to go racing!

FeverMike - back in the day we were the two little curly haired kids driving scooters till they were out of gas.

Yep I remember you 2 guys well. We really never met but I saw you 2 around all the time enjoying yourselves. The best to you on your project! :D

ActiveFun 08-08-2006 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by Tantrum
A $200 hundred dollar hooker does sound like a more obtainable goal. Ill send a $1 for that.

Where can we see a picture of this million dollar race boat? What circuit and class are you going to run?

Oh yeah, pics of the hooker would be good too.

They need the money first, then you may see the boat... I suspect.

BlakeandBrock 08-09-2006 09:37 AM

That's correct ActiveFun, money.. then boat. We've got some great opportunities rolling in now that we've got the word out. Thanks to all those who have bought pixel ad's.. Keep them coming!

ActiveFun 08-09-2006 10:04 AM

Im still not understanding here.. These guys are asking people to pay for their $1 million cost in racing expense and in return they get a tiny bit of add space?? Am I missing something?

BlakeandBrock 08-09-2006 10:32 AM

DHLAW. I would love to keep this away from organization talk. Our one goal is to form a race team.

Activefun. Our goal is to sell ad space to people, we're not asking 1 person to send us 1 million dollars, in reality we're asking 10,000 people to send us at least $100. Look at it any way you would like, but $100 is not much for a company to spend on advertisement that will be up for many years. When we get enough money to form a race team, the website address will be on the boat, t-shirts, stickers, news, media, etc.. and if you bought an ad on the website that would in turn bring you future business.

It's a simple concept that one man created and we're trying to take that idea and put our own spin on it. I hope this clarifies the confusion.

CigDaze 08-09-2006 11:23 AM

Sad, indeed.

Originally Posted by TheBS
I'm sorry for your financial predicament. However, OSS is an owners organization for people who own, and can afford, their own boat.

Originally Posted by OSS Website
http://www.offshoresuperseries.com/aboutus.php

Powerboat racing has long been recognized as a beneficial advertising medium for sponsors and provides significant economic impact for the business communities which host the events. The objectives of events are to further the image and professionalism of offshore racing and to provide quality venues in which spectators, sponsors, producers and the racers can all benefit through the growth of this exciting sport.

ratman 08-09-2006 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by Interceptor
Hi everyone,
My name is Ed and I'd like to hire a $200 hooker tonight. If every OSO charter member sent me $1 I'd mention your screen name to her.

tell you what you sell 100 pixels and ill bring a hundred bucks and we can double up on her :evilb: