Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Stolen Apache mold reclaimed yesterday – Thanks OSO! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/137478-stolen-apache-mold-reclaimed-yesterday-%96-thanks-oso.html)

Chatim Racing 08-17-2006 08:28 AM

Re: Stolen Apache mold reclaimed yesterday – Thanks OSO!

Originally Posted by jeff32
As far as this mold – I am not sure what exactly we will do with it yet….

Just curious... If you don't know what to do with it, if you would sell it, how much could this thing be worth ? I really have no idea ...

Actually I said "I am not sure what exactly we will do with it yet…." not "I don't know what to do with it."

Of course we will make a boat from it but I do not know what it will look like (deck) or when yet. Trust me - we won't be donating it to Sharkey's wife for an Apache-shaped pool!!!

Pantera1 08-17-2006 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by Chatim Racing
Actually I said "I am not sure what exactly we will do with it yet…." not "I don't know what to do with it."

Of course we will make a boat from it but I do not know what it will look like (deck) or when yet. Trust me - we won't be donating it to Sharkey's wife for an Apache-shaped pool!!!

Glad to hear Charlie, I think you have a rare oppurtunity there and look forward to see what comes out of the mold.. The mirage deck looks pretty nice (blue boat) maybe you can work something out with them to use the deck etc..Seems like that would be the easy way to make it happen ..cool stuff though :D

SHARKEY-IMAGES 08-17-2006 01:12 PM

Trust me - we won't be donating it to Sharkey's wife for an Apache-shaped pool!!!

Charlie,
You know I was kidding right? :confused:

I always threatened her that I was going to take the Bullet 130 mold and make a Hot Tub out of it if it didn't sell....

Next thing I knew, it was sold..... :drink:

mrhorsepower1 08-19-2006 09:26 AM

You can run ......but you can't hide! :D

bojoe2 08-19-2006 11:20 AM

Yes - you and others - it just took a long time to go about this legally. You see, Opa Locka technically had jusridiction (mold was in their town) even though the crime was comitted in Broward. The Lt. in Opa Locka put it this way, "we are supposed to have 60 officers in Opa Locka - we only have 27..." It literally took months to set up the day and time to go there.

YEA and be out of there by 4pm it is a bad ass town rough area.

MadMike 12-28-2006 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by Chatim Racing (Post 1835166)
No Adam - only the hull mold was ours - not the deck mold.

Rob (Stormrider) - I saw that other post on the 39' Squadron - yes I'll have to admit, our Apache does look an awful lot like the Squadron hull...hmmmmn.

Check the width of the Strakes on a Cig 39 they are narrower than on a Squadron (if memory serves correct they are 3/4 in a Squadron)
At Least Bobby Saccenti told the ride of the Squadron was rougher than on a Cig and therefore he didn´t like it.
Thats the only difference of a Squadron and a Cig as the mold actually is a Cig mold that Don the night/evening after selling Cig came after and took it otherside of the street. Same with the 27 and 24 molds which were not listed in the sale.
Don did soon loose interest in Squadron XII brand thou.

MikeyFIN 12-28-2006 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by marylandmark (Post 1975447)
So you are saying Don sold the Cig company and then wehnt in and took (stole?) the molds?

Just trying to learn- ordered new boat so can't afford $300 to get the book on what happened.(refering to Don Aronow: The King of Thunderboat Row which is out of print and a few hundred bucks to buy...)

No he didn´t steal or do a fraud, he outsmarted the buyer as not including every mold that was collecting dust in the yard in the sale. So he came in the evening and took his personal belongings with him as they weren´t probably even listed anywhere in the company records.
Later he outsmarted the buyers again by buying Cigarette back for less than he sold it for and during that time he lost interest in the "Squadron XII" molds or so the story goes.

duunoit 12-29-2006 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by sharkeymarine (Post 1828172)
CJ,
Glad to hear you got them back.....
As far as Mirage Yachts making another hull mold with a few minor changes to your design, they may want to look into the Anti-Splashing law. It has a lot more teeth to it now. Before I think it was a 10% change was needed. Now I think no part may be used. Therefore them having to build entire plug for the hull. Unless you gave them the rights to pull a mold off one of the hulls of course, that would be different.

Sharkey

Doesn't this only apply to boats made after a certain date (sometime in the mid 1990's comes to mind)?

BUIZILLA 12-29-2006 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by bojoe2 (Post 1838459)
YEA and be out of there by 4pm it is a bad ass town rough area.

that's absolutely not true... in fact, that statement is downright absurd..

JH

Cash Bar 12-29-2006 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by BUIZILLA (Post 1976722)
that's absolutely not true... in fact, that statement is downright absurd..

JH

Now, Hialeah on the other hand......:eek: :eek: :rolleyes: