Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Truck/Boat Crash Near New Orleans (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/137534-truck-boat-crash-near-new-orleans.html)

BY U BOY 08-10-2006 03:46 PM

Re: Truck/Boat Crash Near New Orleans

I May Be Able To Have Someone There Friday Unless Jlay Is Going To Do It.

OR YOU COULD CALL THE LOCAL PD TELL THEM THE SITUATION. GIVE THEM THE HIN AND TAGS ON THE PLATE WITH A DESCRIPTION OF THE BOAT THEY WILL CHECK IT OUT. THAT WOULD BE THE BEST WAY AND THEY CAN KEEP AN EYE OUT.

Magicfloat 08-10-2006 04:15 PM

This is getting weirder by the hour . He just called me to tell his insurance will cover the truck but not the boat since he never insured it. I asked him why I could find no record of the accident,he said look in the NO paper,told him I already did. He then promised to e-mail pics. We'll see.

Chris Sunkin 08-10-2006 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by Magicfloat
This is getting weirder by the hour . He just called me to tell his insurance will cover the truck but not the boat since he never insured it. I asked him why I could find no record of the accident,he said look in the NO paper,told him I already did. He then promised to e-mail pics. We'll see.

Put down your keyboard and call the police. They do this for a living.

Audiofn 08-10-2006 04:29 PM

Ya he is photo shopping a accident scene right now....

Magicfloat 08-10-2006 04:40 PM

Talk about weirder and weirder. His credit union just called to get wire transfer instuctions for the money :eek:

BY U BOY 08-10-2006 04:43 PM

Ask Him Where The Truck And Boat Are Now And Which Insurance Company He Called. Check With Them.

Magicfloat 08-10-2006 05:17 PM

News Flash,just talked to the officer that investigated the accident. Boat was totaled,family apparently has money,I think this story may have a happy ending after all.Thanks for all the support,OSO is a great place :drink: Once this whole crazy story settles down I will post full details

open87 08-10-2006 05:43 PM

i work in metairie...more than glad to do a drive by..pm me if needed....

Magicfloat 08-10-2006 06:04 PM

Thanks,Open,but at this point not needed after talking to the actual arresting officer(DUI) He actually took the photos. Seems the young man was telling the truth all along,still no reason to not pay me for so long,but looks like I will get my money shortly. Everyone here on OSO has been great,maybe I can return a favor or 2 in the future.Again,I'll post the whole story once it's over,should be an interesting read about trust,lack of trust,how far to let something slide, my belief that most folks are good,etc. Robert

45sonic 08-10-2006 06:47 PM

Great to hear, at least someone owns upp for their screw up. Hope all turns out for you.