Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Who's Has The Fastest Natural Boat (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/137634-whos-has-fastest-natural-boat.html)

AIR TIME 10-17-2006 08:04 PM

Re: Who's Has The Fastest Natural Boat

OOPS LOOKS LIKE STAND UP :p I HAVE PUT NEW SEATS IN MINE MORE SET UP TO SIT THIS DROP OUT BUT FEEL REAL NICE SITTING WHEN YOUR RUNNING OVER 75 :D

pstorti 10-17-2006 08:07 PM

The fastest I have seen was the E-ticket cat Powerboat tested with 2 980 hp Steve Schmidtt engines NA, it ran 148mph if I remember correctly.

paulg 10-17-2006 08:22 PM

The BRT is running 80 - 82 on GPS with the tabs up.. It's a little scary. With the tabs slightly down past dead center its running 75 MPH which is extremely flat and comfortable. The prop is currently a 26in 4 Blade Bravo. There is definetly some prop tuning required here and I am welcome to any suggestions.

The BRT was originally a two man sit down with a tiny back bench seat. It was a death seat at that! Back in 1990 we glassed in a full rear bulk head and converted over to a three man standup bolster. The original 3 man bolster came from Paul Barros at BRT which since has been replaced.

paulg 10-17-2006 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by insptech
Yeah, I had the 31 Formula and Old School has the 38 Gun. We were just trying to soak up just a little more summer :D and a few beers :drink: Dave does some great work, the engines he built for Matt Holloway are the freekin bomb! Luckily I don't need his services at this point (knock on wood) :D

The 31 Formula and Top Gun both looked sweet! I heard you guys take off out of the creek and you sounded good. How about next time we meet / greet and share some cold beers ! !

Ted G 10-17-2006 08:44 PM

Thanks for the compliment, Craig's Gun with the Stellings tends to wake people up, all over the zip code :D
Absolutely, we are always happy to meet another beer drinker :drink:

AIR TIME 10-17-2006 08:49 PM

YEAP I have a 26B1 also with some little work to it. BBLADES IS SETTING ME UP WITH A 28B1/26MAX 5B OR 28 this spring they have a nice prop swap set up. I also put the 380s kplanes on. had the 280s. and yes I REALLY HAVE TO DRIVE THE BOAT TO FIGHT THE CHINE WALK, but this spring I will be installing the rest of my hyd steering in side the boat, it was suppost to be done this summer but my kit was miss parts long story I order it last fall :eek: . so I HOPE TO HIT 85 NEXTED SPRING :D Also pulling up my floors bulkheads going lite wait composite friends Idea :rolleyes: it was going to be just adding some ring bulkheads. now this. OH it seems to me the 380s give better speed than the 280s I RUNN MINE AT 6 ON THE OCEAN AND BAY WHEN ITS CALM OUT 7 JUST IN CASE A BIG WAKE OR WAVE JUMPS OUT OF NOW WHERE :eek:

Lofty 10-18-2006 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by pstorti
The fastest I have seen was the E-ticket cat Powerboat tested with 2 980 hp Steve Schmidtt engines NA, it ran 148mph if I remember correctly.

Carlos runs that boat in the 160mph++ range. Too fast for such a small boat but it sure sounds good on the flyby. I think it'll be up for sale soon. He's upgrading to a full canopy boat.

ratman 10-18-2006 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by pstorti

was he running those steve schmidt engines on pump gas as they are advertised? they look like some bad mofos on the website but i thought i saw a post from someone saying they need higher octane than 93.

OldSchool 10-18-2006 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by insptech
Thanks for the compliment, Craig's Gun with the Stellings tends to wake people up, all over the zip code :D
Absolutely, we are always happy to meet another beer drinker :drink:

WHAT?????????

:drink: :evilb: :drink: :evilb: