Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Latrell Sprewell runs Aground (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/137679-latrell-sprewell-runs-aground.html)

Downtown42 08-11-2006 02:57 PM

Latrell Sprewell runs Aground

This guy is something else. I see him around when in Milwaukee.
He owns a 68' Azumit.

Sprewell's yacht freed
Ex-NBA star's boat gets stuck off Atwater Beach
By ERIN RICHARDS
[email protected]
Posted: Aug. 10, 2006
A tugboat managed to free former NBA star Latrell Sprewell's yacht Thursday afternoon from shallow water near Atwater Beach, where the boat had been grounded since the previous night.

Advertisement

Milwaukee's Best, a 68-foot vessel owned and operated by Sprewell, of River Hills, was spotted in trouble Wednesday about 8 p.m., when police were notified the boat had drifted from its anchor and lodged in about 3 feet of water close to shore, said Sgt. Don Jensen from the city's Harbor Patrol.

"Our guys worked on it for about three or four hours," Jensen said. Although the police had joined forces with Coast Guard crews, they never got the yacht to budge.

"We're the pros out there," Jensen added. "If we can't get them out, they're definitely stuck."

Jensen said Sprewell had dropped anchor in a part of Lake Michigan notorious for shifting sands and variable depths, and the yacht had drifted aground Wednesday night, helped along by seven to 14 mph winds. Jensen told Sprewell that he would have to stay on his boat and call a private tow service in the morning.

Jerry Guyer, owner of Pirate's Cove Diving, said he worked until 5 a.m. aboard The Lender to move the yacht but couldn't free it, either.

"We got Dan Anderson out with his fish tug, Jolene, and he pulled Latrell's anchor out, probably sometime between 1 and 2 p.m.," Guyer said.

By 5 p.m., the Milwaukee's Best was back at its usual mooring at the marina.

Sprewell, who attended high school in Milwaukee, could not be reached for comment Thursday.

CAP071 08-11-2006 03:55 PM

Re: Latrell Sprewell runs Aground

a Big DUH :evilb:

cuda 08-11-2006 04:18 PM

Did he try choking down the towboat operator?

Jupiter Sunsation 08-11-2006 04:35 PM

I saw Scottie Pippen bringing his new at the time Broward home to Ft Lauderdale and ran it aground in the entrance to his canal! No Sea Tow membership and ST was getting $175 per boat (2 responded) and $20 a foot to free the 80 ft Lady Larsa. Nothing like spending 2K on a brand new boat just because you didn't know how to drive it!

Magic Medicine 08-11-2006 07:28 PM

No comment! I think that Pippen used have a 63' Dancer called
"Four Rings" in Chicago. I put gas in that boat once, when I used to work at the gas dock in Michigan City.

Pantera1 08-11-2006 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by Downtown42
This guy is something else. I see him around when in Milwaukee.
He owns a 68' Azumit.

Sprewell's yacht freed
Ex-NBA star's boat gets stuck off Atwater Beach
By ERIN RICHARDS
[email protected]
Posted: Aug. 10, 2006
A tugboat managed to free former NBA star Latrell Sprewell's yacht Thursday afternoon from shallow water near Atwater Beach, where the boat had been grounded since the previous night.

Advertisement

Milwaukee's Best, a 68-foot vessel owned and operated by Sprewell, of River Hills, was spotted in trouble Wednesday about 8 p.m., when police were notified the boat had drifted from its anchor and lodged in about 3 feet of water close to shore, said Sgt. Don Jensen from the city's Harbor Patrol.

"Our guys worked on it for about three or four hours," Jensen said. Although the police had joined forces with Coast Guard crews, they never got the yacht to budge.

"We're the pros out there," Jensen added. "If we can't get them out, they're definitely stuck."

Jensen said Sprewell had dropped anchor in a part of Lake Michigan notorious for shifting sands and variable depths, and the yacht had drifted aground Wednesday night, helped along by seven to 14 mph winds. Jensen told Sprewell that he would have to stay on his boat and call a private tow service in the morning.

Jerry Guyer, owner of Pirate's Cove Diving, said he worked until 5 a.m. aboard The Lender to move the yacht but couldn't free it, either.

"We got Dan Anderson out with his fish tug, Jolene, and he pulled Latrell's anchor out, probably sometime between 1 and 2 p.m.," Guyer said.

By 5 p.m., the Milwaukee's Best was back at its usual mooring at the marina.

Sprewell, who attended high school in Milwaukee, could not be reached for comment Thursday.

They'll let anyone drive a boat nowadays :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

bgchuby01 08-12-2006 08:18 AM

I keep telling everyone that at the library the smallest book there is called.
"Black men I met while boating"

mwdill 08-12-2006 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by bgchuby01
I keep telling everyone that at the library the smallest book there is called.
"Black men I met while boating"

i have read that book :D:

itilldo 08-12-2006 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by mwdill
i have read that book :D:

yea...well I wrote that book :p :D

Cash Bar 08-12-2006 10:21 PM

This is the same azz that last year *****ed about a contract extension saying "I need to feed my family" while making 14.5 MILLION last season. And over 100 MILLION for his career..... :mad: