Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   biggest single engine v-bottom? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/137742-biggest-single-engine-v-bottom.html)

Griff 08-13-2006 02:01 PM

Re: biggest single engine v-bottom?

Originally Posted by packinair
what was that boat I think it was a 35' that had that new wacky tranny/splitter thing that takes 1 motor and puts it into 2 drives

That was in a 35 Nordic with a single 1200hp engine.

SHARKEY-IMAGES 08-13-2006 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by FASTERDAMITT
Sharkey, more details and history on the Hydro please. Nice lookin rig! I really like the bottom ventilation. Does it work?

The HYDRA company has been building boats since the early 1980's.
They had many racing cats out there such as Bad Move, Concrete Cat, Team Hydra, Hydra Bandit, Smokey and the Bandit, Finish Line, Spirit of New Jersey and Bennihanna.

This 32 Vee is custom built and I believe weighed in around 2000 lbs. The owner tells me with the ventilation at speed, he feels like he is riding on a pocket of air. It easily gets on plane and just needed more time to set it up to find out its maximum capabilities. Then he had issues with the engine and the boat has sat ever since...
In fact the owner went ahead and built a mold for a 27 and built a single I/O boat and now is in the process of making an outboard version.
At this point I wish he would blow off the HEMI and throw something else in it. But of course he would need to repaint the hatch.... :evilb:

masher44 08-13-2006 07:41 PM

32 activator...#6 and 1000+ hp...

Come to LOTO you can get a ride on the fast one or the really fast one :cool:

Sydwayz 08-13-2006 07:51 PM

trblake is looking for more than just a sit-down-and-go boat. I think your best bet for a full cabin/amenity boat is probably the Sunsation 32 Dominator with a single engine. If 28' is good enough; the AT is the ticket.

Sydwayz 08-13-2006 07:52 PM

The 30' Y2K Superboat is a sweet ride too; OR you could just buy this one and go home happy:

http://www.offshoreonly.com/esvon/page-11419.html

I know the boat well and its perfection on a trailer.

Stormrider 08-13-2006 08:04 PM

i'd have to say that sutphen is a big 32ft'er.
much bigger than activator.

rouxsterre 08-13-2006 08:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I always thought the Fountain 32'er would be AWESOME in a singe-engine application . . . . . Depending of course upon the ponies.

Here is a particularly handsome example . . .

AIR TIME 08-13-2006 11:10 PM

I've been on the 32 sutphen in 5 to7 footers when they cancled the cape cod race in 04 because of high winds also. it had a 850hp blower motor in it. we ran 65 to75 in that mess and the boat handle like the old 39 NICE, and it got a nice cabin area lots of room and freeboard 8' beam no built in swim plateform, I bet it would hit low 70's with a hp 525. art ps that wasn't top speed opened up it ran in the mid 80's

Magic Medicine 08-14-2006 06:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
trblake is looking for more than just a sit-down-and-go boat. I think your best bet for a full cabin/amenity boat is probably the Sunsation 32 Dominator with a single engine. If 28' is good enough; the AT is the ticket.

If he is looking for a kick a$$ wave crusing 28' single I would definately go with the AT. I have owned a 28 Nordic and a 28 Checkmate. The AT is a awesome boat very impressive ride in the rough. If money is no object I would order one with big power!

Here is boat freak 28's AT! Awesome riding true offshore boat

Wardey 08-14-2006 06:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
You guy's are leaving the 29 Extreme Shotgun out. 29'6" (true) and runs 80+ mph with stock 425 HP !!! Dave