Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   NJPPC Video & Photo Shoot August 31st - only 7 spots left!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/137813-njppc-video-photo-shoot-august-31st-only-7-spots-left.html)

davere 08-16-2006 05:30 PM

Re: NJPPC Video & Photo Shoot August 31st - only 7 spots left!!

And on another note, I SARCASTICALLY stated that Trumps was one of the BEST spots to take your boat to here, ONLY because they have plenty of courtesy slips and music after 2 PM. Inside its the pits, it's dated and stinks like cigarettes.
Some of these responses don't make sense to me.

davere 08-16-2006 05:33 PM

And on another another note, I believe that if there is no dialogue and no choicd to express fresh ideas, things can never be better.
If you live in Jersey, its par for the course to complain how much things cost.
Everytime I turn around, someone is trying to put their hand in my purse for my money.

davere 08-17-2006 01:19 PM

Dave P,
"If we were to include a helicopter in our Atlantic City poker run it would push the cost to over $1000 per boat. If we were to include a helicopter in the Barnegat Bay poker run it would push the cost over $600. This is why we have always decided not to include a helicopter at our poker runs."
With regards to your previous post, I think I may know why the registrations for some of the Poker Runs in VA are less expensive than NJ, yet have all the perks and a chopper.
They are "Benefit" Poker Runs. Little Creek Regatta benefits St. Judes Hospital and Rappahannock Poker Run benefits Christmas Wishes for Children. That might explain the $250.00 registration fee. Perhaps the chopper and photographer provide their services at a reduced rate. If so, we might be able to do the same to benefit a good cause.
Re

berns29scarab 08-17-2006 01:32 PM

if im not mistaken theres a poker run in MD on 9-9-06 and its $550 per boat with no chopper. take a look at the prices of some of the runs and you'll find that the NJPPC Runs are some of the more inexpensive ones across the country. The Glen Cove Run in NY if im not mistaken is close to $1000 per boat if not more...and The NJPPC has seperate charity events for SHORE DREAMS FOR KIDS !!

Panther 08-17-2006 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by davere
Dave P,
"If we were to include a helicopter in our Atlantic City poker run it would push the cost to over $1000 per boat. If we were to include a helicopter in the Barnegat Bay poker run it would push the cost over $600. This is why we have always decided not to include a helicopter at our poker runs."
With regards to your previous post, I think I may know why the registrations for some of the Poker Runs in VA are less expensive than NJ, yet have all the perks and a chopper.
They are "Benefit" Poker Runs. Little Creek Regatta benefits St. Judes Hospital and Rappahannock Poker Run benefits Christmas Wishes for Children. That might explain the $250.00 registration fee. Perhaps the chopper and photographer provide their services at a reduced rate. If so, we might be able to do the same to benefit a good cause.
Re

Look at this thread and you'll see why it cost's a lot to get a chopter with video and pictures.... http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...d.php?t=136858

Also, look at this website (http://www.aerialexposures.com) , $1400 hr for a high speed Chopter and $2000 for the pictures and video. This doesn't include having the pictures developed, that is separate.

Where in VA do you live? For instance, a party at a hall is upwards of $100-150 a head and if it's near the water it's closer to $200. :eek:

davere 08-17-2006 03:31 PM

Panther,
I live in NJ, but have been to both VA and NJPPC Poker Runs.
They are pretty much the same. Had good times at both.
I think maybe because they do it as a "benefit", they get the chopper/photographer at a reduced rate. Possibly the catering, entertainment, etc.
Re

Panther 08-17-2006 04:13 PM

Panther,
I live in NJ, but have been to both VA and NJPPC Poker Runs.
They are pretty much the same. Had good times at both.
I think maybe because they do it as a "benefit", they get the chopper/photographer at a reduced rate. Possibly the catering, entertainment, etc.
Re

Maybe they have different insurance and coast guard requirements in VA?

I've never put on a Poker Run so I don't know what the costs are but, I do know what is costs for a Chopter and a photographer/videographer are and $375 is reasonable.

Boatpix will rap you for $500 for a poster picture and a few 8X10's.

davere 08-17-2006 04:32 PM

Not sure, just trying to help DaveP. I don't plan events for a living. From his email, sounds like he was getting jacked on the chopper/photog.
Whenever they raise the gas prices, everyone you deal with has to pass it along. Its tough for alot of people.
My husband & I are lucky. We have 300X ProMax on a 30' AMT, so it's not so bad for us.
I think I've seen your Apache boat on the bay, it's nice. Could have used it in Virginia Beach. Ran the Cat in 5 foot swells and only made half the run. Only the Vs made the full run, Cigarettes, Fountains, and Outerlimits, 38-42 footers.

berns29scarab 08-17-2006 05:08 PM

Not sure, just trying to help DaveP. I don't plan events for a living. From his email, sounds like he was getting jacked on the chopper/photog.
Whenever they raise the gas prices, everyone you deal with has to pass it along. Its tough for alot of people.
My husband & I are lucky. We have 300X ProMax on a 30' AMT, so it's not so bad for us.
I think I've seen your Apache boat on the bay, it's nice. Could have used it in Virginia Beach. Ran the Cat in 5 foot swells and only made half the run. Only the Vs made the full run, Cigarettes, Fountains, and Outerlimits, 38-42 footers.

I have a 30 Spectre with 300x's...cruisin at 80 im burning 45 gals per hour...at 107 im burning 80 gals per hour...i got spoiled by my twin small block scarab. you have the amt with the painted to match engine cowls ? i've passed ya on the bay a few times. as a matter of fact i believe Tantrum told your husband where to find a left hand lower last year...PROROC. They mistakenly ordered it for me but i had already found one.

DaveP 08-18-2006 07:01 PM

Hi guys & gals!

Sorry i have been away all week in Cali..(go'in back to Cali') and I had time to peek but not to respond on OSO.

1st - thanks for everyone's comments and questions.

As for $275 or $300 for a poker run with all that & a chopper, I don't care if you serve bologna and mac n cheese it is going to cost a whole lot more than that.

Normally choppers cost anywhere from $1000hr to $1500 / $1800 hour. Plus the cost of the video / photo guy and all of the studio time to put it all together.

Since the VA event is a charity event I would guess that they have alot of food, money and services donated.

For instance - Shore Dreams For Kids. It costs us alot of CASH to make the event happen every year. In addition to the CASH we get about $20,000 - $30,000 in food and supplies donated every year. If we did not get that $20,000 - $30,000 in food and supplies donated every year SHORE DREAMS WOULD NOT EXIST. We raise a fair amount of cash and all of that just covers what we don't get donated.

I have always said it and I will continue to always say it - I have traveled to alot of poker runs all over the US and Canada and NJPPC gives you the best bang for the buck no matter if it is th AC Overnight Poker Run or Barnegat Bay. I have paid $600 for a poker run and got nothing but hot dogs and hamburgers.

Thanks again for everyone's input!