Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Offshore Performance Grasonville MD. >

Offshore Performance Grasonville MD.

Notices

Offshore Performance Grasonville MD.

Old 08-16-2006, 06:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Offshore Performance Grasonville MD.

I posted this information under another discussion about marine dealers, but felt it was noteworthy enough to have it's own thread. I don't post much, and regret my delay relaying this experience, along with being long winded, however, it truly is nice to be able to relay such a positive experience.

I have had extensive work performed by Offshore Performance in Grasonville Md. on several boats, and in a time of sub standard work and expectations, not only in the marine industry, but in our work place over all, I could not be more pleased. That's right, believe it or not, it's possible to have great quality, and honest work done on a boat!

I had engines pulled from my Cigarette last fall. I requested a shop in south Florida perform the rebuild and upgrade, and expected the possibility of the dealer to deny the request. To my surprise, they openly accepted my idea, and without criticism welcomed the project. The engines were removed, delievered, and reinstalled flawlessly by Offshore Performance. I requested everything from trim cables, to the furthest nut or bolt to be replaced if not in new condition. I also asked to have both drives completely rebuilt and "made new," no expense spared. Finally, there were some very small gel coat chips I wanted repaired.

In the promised time, my boat was returned "brand new" ! I am often referred to as the most "particular, or crazy person" about detail, I wax my bilge's, replace every hose or connection that shows discoloration, etc., just to be "perfect."

This boat was returned without so much as a fingerprint on the brand new CMI headers. I spent the better part of two days, checking every connection, hose clamp, and screw (to alien of course) and found NOT ONE FLAW.

Almost 50 hours later, the boat runs perfect, and not one single fault of the servicing dealer has arisen, impossible many would say.

The owner Mr. Proctor, the service manager BK, and the "tecks" (one of which posts regular on OSO, "John") all performed flawlessly! I would not own a performance boat without the ability to rely on a dealer and service shop to service the product, and I can't imagine a better shop anywhere than Offshore Performance.
Old 08-16-2006, 06:26 PM
Registered

Default Re: Offshore Performance Grasonville MD.

very cool it's nice to hear good stories
Old 08-16-2006, 06:45 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 851 Likes on 312 Posts

I go by that shop all the time on Rt. 50, some nice hardware there. Good to hear about responsible service work.
Old 08-16-2006, 07:45 PM
Registered

Smile Re: Offshore Performance Grasonville MD.

Originally Posted by Cigarette 30
I posted this information under another discussion about marine dealers, but felt it was noteworthy enough to have it's own thread. I don't post much, and regret my delay relaying this experience, along with being long winded, however, it truly is nice to be able to relay such a positive experience.

I have had extensive work performed by Offshore Performance in Grasonville Md. on several boats, and in a time of sub standard work and expectations, not only in the marine industry, but in our work place over all, I could not be more pleased. That's right, believe it or not, it's possible to have great quality, and honest work done on a boat!

I had engines pulled from my Cigarette last fall. I requested a shop in south Florida perform the rebuild and upgrade, and expected the possibility of the dealer to deny the request. To my surprise, they openly accepted my idea, and without criticism welcomed the project. The engines were removed, delievered, and reinstalled flawlessly by Offshore Performance. I requested everything from trim cables, to the furthest nut or bolt to be replaced if not in new condition. I also asked to have both drives completely rebuilt and "made new," no expense spared. Finally, there were some very small gel coat chips I wanted repaired.

In the promised time, my boat was returned "brand new" ! I am often referred to as the most "particular, or crazy person" about detail, I wax my bilge's, replace every hose or connection that shows discoloration, etc., just to be "perfect."

This boat was returned without so much as a fingerprint on the brand new CMI headers. I spent the better part of two days, checking every connection, hose clamp, and screw (to alien of course) and found NOT ONE FLAW.

Almost 50 hours later, the boat runs perfect, and not one single fault of the servicing dealer has arisen, impossible many would say.

The owner Mr. Proctor, the service manager BK, and the "tecks" (one of which posts regular on OSO, "John") all performed flawlessly! I would not own a performance boat without the ability to rely on a dealer and service shop to service the product, and I can't imagine a better shop anywhere than Offshore Performance.

Damn and I thought I was anal.... Great story nice to hear good things about businesses....
Old 08-16-2006, 07:52 PM
AKA NoMoBoatin
Platinum Member

That is nice to hear with all the bad doings by other dealers.I wish i had bought my aftermarket drives off them instead.Maybe they would of called me back in atleast 1 of the 17 calls i've made to the shop that sold me their drives.
Old 08-16-2006, 07:58 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Thumbs up Re: Offshore Performance Grasonville MD.

Great post!! It's good to see the "good guys" get some recognition!

I've bought two of the last three boats that I've owned (Formula 223 and my current Top Gun) from Offshore Performance and both purchases have been nothing short of top notch. Other people talk the talk....but they walk the walk, maybe that's why they are doing so well!!

Cheers to you Offshore Performance

Craig Hall (OldSchool posting on the wife's puter)
Old 08-16-2006, 08:16 PM
Registered

That's great to hear. I bought my boat off a guy that I see now works as a broker at Offshore Performance. He was great to deal with then, and it looks as if they have great people in all departments.
Old 08-16-2006, 09:31 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking Re: Offshore Performance Grasonville MD.

Thanks again from all of us at Offshore Performance!!

John S.

It's also nice to have customers that believe in you and give positive criticism also.
Old 08-16-2006, 09:41 PM
OSO
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had the OSO boat serviced there a few weeks ago. It was in and out in 24 hours. Same experience, Grade A service. BK knows his stuff for sure. He used to work for Fountian for 14 years and for Lake Cumberland also.

Bill Proctor, as always, gets it done. Class act.
Old 08-16-2006, 10:46 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by OSOAdmin
Had the OSO boat serviced there a few weeks ago. It was in and out in 24 hours. Same experience, Grade A service. BK knows his stuff for sure. He used to work for Fountian for 14 years and for Lake Cumberland also.

Bill Proctor, as always, gets it done. Class act.

Good to hear I didn't have the same experience with another mechanic recently.

Quick Reply: Offshore Performance Grasonville MD.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.