Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Shadow cat experts please (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/137861-shadow-cat-experts-please.html)

littlenige 08-17-2006 03:22 PM

Re: Shadow cat experts please

Originally Posted by T2x
George Linder...with a little help from his friends.. :p

T2x

Was Jean Claude Simone involved at any time??

T2x 08-17-2006 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by littlenige

Absolutely not!

George engineered and drafted it..... and the concept was formed over a coffee table after I vetoed a 28 foot Shadow vee bottom George had designed.

As a matter of fact I don't think either of us had ever met Simon at that time.

T2x

T2x 08-17-2006 03:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by ROTAX454
Rich, Thank you for the history lesson on the early cat days. That from someone that fully appreciates that true craftsman are still around. Something that is much missed in the boat industry (by some manufacturers) today.

Amen to that.

Johnny Venomous 08-17-2006 04:11 PM

T2X,
The bottom of that hull looks a lot like my 30 Cobra Terminator hull, Is there any relation?

stinger312 08-17-2006 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by littlenige

I think Simon design the 31 Excalibur that became the 312 Chris Craft Stinger (vee hull )

fishead 08-18-2006 06:39 AM

George
I will call you this weekend for sure.I am thinking about putting on some setback (9") first and see how it goes.But before I do anything I will call you.By the way I see you are from Brentwood,I am asumming LI.I grew up in East Islip and was brought up on the Great South Bay.Talk to you soon.
Mark

T2x 08-25-2006 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by Johnny Venomous
T2X,
The bottom of that hull looks a lot like my 30 Cobra Terminator hull, Is there any relation?

Ask Cobra's builder....

cobra marty 08-25-2006 11:39 PM

If you can find Peter Casini!

fishead 08-28-2006 04:24 PM

Hey George
Tried to call a couple of times,I know you are probably busy.Just want to know if I can benefit from some setback and if I can should I just get some brackets or some jackplates.I think I need to get the lowers in some cleaner water to solve my water pressure and temp problem.

T2x 08-28-2006 04:30 PM

George is a little under the weather the past few days......

I suggest you try again later in the week.

T2x