Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   3 Aircraft Carriers running together Picks. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/138134-3-aircraft-carriers-running-together-picks.html)

Shore Thing 08-17-2006 05:14 PM

Re: 3 Aircraft Carriers running together Picks.

Originally Posted by davere
Any terrorist can come over the Mexican border.
Any terrorist can ship whatever they want to any of our ports in box cars.

Find any other country even close to the size of the US that has a tighter border and let me know who it is and how they have done it. Our government knows that we are not completely sealed off to those who really want to get in. That is why they are taking steps to make it more secure. There is a lot of property there to patrol and I haven't seen you offer a solution.

Same goes for our ports. We have customs, we have security. Sometimes things get through, but thats life and you're tax dollars are going towards improving that process as well.

As I see it, you are no value added to this thread. Strip posted some really cool and patriotic pictures of our countries military advancements and all you have done is try to crap on it. 99% of all these members love their country and feel privilidged to live here.

If you don't like what our military stands for, then you are always welcome to leave. Or better yet, if you truly feel this way. Come up with some solutions that are better than the ones thousands of very intelligent department of defense officials have spent millions and millions of hours of their lives and careers trying to come up with so that you may live a peaceful and safe life.

Now for my final thought. I think you are full of $hit and are just trying to pizz people off for fun.

Add value or feel FREE to leave.

Pantera1 08-17-2006 07:04 PM

The country is in a sorry state ??? Did you notice the three super carriers and their armada ??? I think this country is in great shape and guess what the Dow is up again today !
All you uneducated liberals have the same doom and gloom outlook and continue to offer no solutions only what you heard on cnn

No wonder this country is in such a sorry ass state.
You don't read, because your stupid. It's your way, and no one else can have an opinion. Because I don't pay I'm not respected. Thank God I don't need respect from a bunch of losers.
I would never pay to join this site to talk to a bunch of dopes. You don't think I respect the people who died or were maimed for this country. Where did I say that?
All I see is people reading my words and twisting them to suit their insecure agendas.
What a bunch of idiots. F U ALL for your nasty attitudes. :chimp:
Re

Miller 08-17-2006 07:10 PM

No wonder this country is in such a sorry ass state.
You don't read, because your stupid. It's your way, and no one else can have an opinion. Because I don't pay I'm not respected. Thank God I don't need respect from a bunch of losers.
I would never pay to join this site to talk to a bunch of dopes. You don't think I respect the people who died or were maimed for this country. Where did I say that?
All I see is people reading my words and twisting them to suit their insecure agendas.
What a bunch of idiots. F U ALL for your nasty attitudes. :chimp:
Re

As I suspected, you have substituted name calling, rhetoric and hyperbole for facts and articulate debate. It's a shame. But, the naive often form ill-considered opinions and use distrations in place of intelligent, thoughtful articulation, in hopes of brow-beating their opponents into submission. Sadly, you misread this site and the people here.

As for calling us a bunch of idiots, you can go to H--L. I didn't see you standing next to me as I dug through the debris of Ground Zero. I did see DJD. Funny, how a couch commando can sling insults at those who proudly stand for what makes America great. You're a sad little person and I'm done trying to be nice. :mad:

waybomb 08-17-2006 08:55 PM

Let's get back to the question of speed - is it 38+ or 90? These are flatbottom ships, I believe. I think WWII carriers did 38+. Of course, they were smaller, but then again, they did not have nuclear power. How fast does a ship have to be going to be thown into a turn like that one picture? I think fatsre than 38mph.
So how fast can the Reagan go at full war power?
Anybody know the pitch and slip of its props? Maybe we could throw some theoretical revs to come up with a speed?

Audiofn 08-17-2006 09:16 PM

Davere: The French took your position and look at what that has gotten them. They have almost as many problems with Muslims as the English do.

Audiofn 08-17-2006 09:23 PM

Waybomb I seem to recall that they have to have 28 knots of air speed over the deck for the planes to land. IMO NO WAY can they get over 50 MPH.

Jon

Audiofn 08-17-2006 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by tblrklakemo
anybody have that photo(albeit fake)of the car being launched off an aircraft carrier?

They actually did that. I think it was on Mythe Busters or something like that.

Jon

the duke 08-17-2006 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by waybomb
Let's get back to the question of speed - is it 38+ or 90? These are flatbottom ships, I believe. I think WWII carriers did 38+. Of course, they were smaller, but then again, they did not have nuclear power. How fast does a ship have to be going to be thown into a turn like that one picture? I think fatsre than 38mph.
So how fast can the Reagan go at full war power?
Anybody know the pitch and slip of its props? Maybe we could throw some theoretical revs to come up with a speed?

As was posted, the true speed is classified, as is the speed of our Subs. However, its right around 40 knots, which is about 46 mph. There is a formula that figures out the speed for a non planning hull. It is 1.34 X the square root of LWL, or length of waterline. This web site can do it for you and figure the speed http://www.solarnavigator.net/hull_speed.htm

the duke 08-17-2006 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by Audiofn
Waybomb I seem to recall that they have to have 28 knots of air speed over the deck for the planes to land. Jon

If I remember right, thats about the correct speed of air needed with the cats to shoot the planes. But the wind over the deck is needed to launch the jets, not to recover them.

buck183 08-17-2006 09:59 PM

I showed this thread to my dad, a Vietnam vet. I also showed it to my Grandfather at the same time, a WWII vet with nine campaigns to his credit. They both asked me to thank everyone on this thread for their support. You guys help make them feel good about their efforts and loss. The mostly wanted me to thank Century for his commitment to his country.

PS...they asked that I exclude davere from my previous comments. :)

Buck