Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Trim Rams (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/138185-trim-rams.html)

mr_velocity 08-17-2006 12:39 PM

Trim Rams

Who makes them. Need 2 either stainless or aluminum housing, custom application.

Phantom1 08-17-2006 01:05 PM

Re: Trim Rams

Originally Posted by mr_velocity
Who makes them. Need 2 either stainless or aluminum housing, custom application.

Are you putting a tunnel tab on the little cat? :D

mr_velocity 08-17-2006 01:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
shhhh, don't tell.

Trying to figure out trim for a 15" stinger, thought we had the solution but looks like not. So now I don't need the rams.

I do need a Yamaha Pro50 clamp bracket or a bone yard that may have one.

Building a YamaRude

Panther 08-17-2006 02:06 PM

shhhh, don't tell.

Trying to figure out trim for a 15" stinger, thought we had the solution but looks like not. So now I don't need the rams.

I do need a Yamaha Pro50 clamp bracket or a bone yard that may have one.

Building a YamaRude

What about hydrair/powercrimp, they should at least be able to point you in the right direction. There's also another hydralic company on Rt18 that Sakoutis uses.

mr_velocity 08-17-2006 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by Panther
What about hydrair/powercrimp, they should at least be able to point you in the right direction. There's also another hydralic company on Rt18 that Sakoutis uses.

Changing brackets again, the geometry is just not going to work with this yamaha bracket. Need the pro50...I hope :rolleyes:

Audiofn 08-17-2006 02:22 PM

I had a set up like that on my Hydrostream I think we used like a 60hp mid section and a inline 6 power head with a Inline or V6 lower unit with nose cone. The rams instead of going up and down like they ussually do were mounted straite into the transom. It some what limited the amount of trim but the motor was ROCK SOLID back there. ZERO bounce like you get when you are running the stock set ups.

Jon

mr_velocity 08-17-2006 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Audiofn
I had a set up like that on my Hydrostream I think we used like a 60hp mid section and a inline 6 power head with a Inline or V6 lower unit with nose cone. The rams instead of going up and down like they ussually do were mounted straite into the transom. It some what limited the amount of trim but the motor was ROCK SOLID back there. ZERO bounce like you get when you are running the stock set ups.

Jon

Yea wanted to do that but can't do wtih the jack plate. Trim on a 15" mid is tough on a jack plate but can be done.

Panther 08-17-2006 03:12 PM

Yea wanted to do that but can't do wtih the jack plate. Trim on a 15" mid is tough on a jack plate but can be done.

Garry, if you have a jackplate do you really need trim on a boat that small?

Can you make the motor solid and level, then use the jackplate to trim for maximum efficiency?

mr_velocity 08-17-2006 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by Panther
Garry, if you have a jackplate do you really need trim on a boat that small?

Can you make the motor solid and level, then use the jackplate to trim for maximum efficiency?

did you really just ask that? :D I guess if it was always flat and never windy then yes, but going from flat to chop I am going to need to adjust the attitude of the boat. The boat is very responsive to trim.

Trim will get me the best attitude the jack plate will get me the mph once I have the right attitude......get me a nice roost too.

Panther 08-17-2006 04:03 PM

did you really just ask that? :D I guess if it was always flat and never windy then yes, but going from flat to chop I am going to need to adjust the attitude of the boat. The boat is very responsive to trim.

Trim will get me the best attitude the jack plate will get me the mph once I have the right attitude......get me a nice roost too.

What will the trim setting be when it sinks? :eek:

Just kiddin!

Scrap the motor trim and go with some mini tabs! :cool: