Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   4 boats crash in Ca. and no one on OSO starts a thread??? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/138243-4-boats-crash-ca-no-one-oso-starts-thread.html)

bgchuby01 08-18-2006 06:48 AM

Re: 4 Cats crash in Ca. and no one on OSO starts a thread???

I hauled a boat for the insurance agent that insured 4 of the boats in the crash and he is not having a good day.

Payton 08-18-2006 06:50 AM

So, what happend? It was mentioned they were still behind the pace boat.

Sad, that was a bunch of nice looking boats.

Canada Jeff 08-18-2006 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by bgchuby01
I hauled a boat for the insurance agent that insured 4 of the boats in the crash and he is not having a good day.

They always come out on top....

Dean Ferry 08-18-2006 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by thisistank
dude, you'll get yelled at or locked thread for this. and re-count...try 5 cats in first incident and a few others throughout weekend. not to mention the "pursuit" of three boats at 1000 isl.

great weekend for offshore boating :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

say bye bye to poker runs

Glad no one was killed.

Tank,
I'm afraid you are right, I think this is really going to affect the ability of these poker run organizers to get insurance for these events. It's really a shame to see such nice hardware all tore up. :(
Dean

Chris Sunkin 08-18-2006 07:14 AM

It becomes more apparent every day that the insurance companies could possibly be right. Too many underqualifed, irresponsible owners that are in way over their heads.

GLH 08-18-2006 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by SLANDREW
4 cats killed and not a Fountain in site :eek:

:D

GLH 08-18-2006 07:20 AM

If it happens at the start it confirms what OSG has told me he does and what I have been doing since.

-Start 10-15 seconds after all the cowboys leave climbing over one another and pass the ones you can one at a time from the back controlling much more than you could in the mess up front.

CAP071 08-18-2006 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
It becomes more apparent every day that the insurance companies could possibly be right. Too many underqualifed, irresponsible owners that are in way over their heads.

DING DING DING

Give that man a cigar :evilb:

CIG3 08-18-2006 07:34 AM

Rumor has it, that the 30 Skater with the Arnesons had some issues with one of the drives and a number of its mounting bolts being broken before the run. The saftey director and resident offshore expert told the owner it would be fine to run like that.

To continue the rumor that maybe will be backed up with arial photos soon, that the drive in question on the Skater broke loose at the start causing the chain reaction.

More info. and photos to come.

berns29scarab 08-18-2006 07:34 AM

that really blows