Notices

What would you do

Old 08-21-2006, 07:36 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: What would you do

Originally Posted by dean51267
but if you were on the receiving end that would at least fel like you were getting cooperation from seller.

This is what I dont understand "cooperation from the seller" ??
Everyone knows used boats have a taillight garantee.. Who knows what this guy did to it on his first run out.. Im guessing it was a beat run to christen the new sloop
Ive bought a few things that broke right away ..and never said a word to the seller..buyer beware
Old 08-21-2006, 08:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pantera1
This is what I dont understand "cooperation from the seller" ??
Everyone knows used boats have a taillight garantee.. Who knows what this guy did to it on his first run out.. Im guessing it was a beat run to christen the new sloop
Ive bought a few things that broke right away ..and never said a word to the seller..buyer beware
agreed, I would do the same as a buyer, and have on more than one occasion, but when the dust settles, I want to be remembered as a guy who was square, maybe even it comes at a price.

I find not an ounce of fault with your recommend course of action, but I think I would do it different.... not a matter of right or wrong, just preference....... it was a question of what would YOU do, varying opinions should be expected....
Old 08-21-2006, 08:23 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

True
Old 08-23-2006, 06:04 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,110 Likes on 1,401 Posts

Typical flat tappet cam failure. No one is really all that safe - evan after break in and a bunch of hours. Flat tappet guys - here's a big lesson. You need to run oils that still have ZDDp in them - Shell Rotella 15W 40 - some of the Valvoline VR (I think) oils and etc, etc. Most oils had this, but because of EPA stuff + resultant mandated 100k + warranties on cat. converters and such, these additives have pretty much disappeared from most oils.

I've written many threads about this over in SW and I think they where linked from here.

I'll try to find them again if anyone is interested.

BTW: For any putting a motor together now or soon or anytime in future, please really consider a hydraulic roller cam.