Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Wanted: Outboard v-bottom (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/138418-wanted-outboard-v-bottom.html)

boca7667 08-20-2006 09:44 PM

Wanted: Outboard v-bottom

Looking for the fastest outboard v-bottom over 30 feet with twins on it????????

FeverMike 08-20-2006 09:48 PM

Re: Wanted: Outboard v-bottom

Check out the 33 Powerplay. They built an awesome boat and it was sold with twin outboards. If you want more room check out the various center console sport manufactures around like Concept, Renegade, Glasstream, Ocean Hawk, Solid, Carrera. If you want more of a go-fast center console fish machine look at the Fountains and Yellowfin boats.

boca7667 08-20-2006 09:51 PM

alright thanks man, im just looking for the fastest v bottom with twins over 30 feet??????? any ideas what it is?????

dockrocker 08-20-2006 10:22 PM

I believe there is an OSO member here in Michigan with a 33 closed deck with outboards, and I'm 90% sure it's for sale. For the life of me, I can't remember the member's name, though...

And when you say "fastest", do you mean fastest on flat glass water, or the guy that doesn't have to slow down when the 3' chop rolls around? It *do* make a difference ;)

boca7667 08-20-2006 10:53 PM

both fastest flat water and the best wave smasher???????????????

Cash Bar 08-20-2006 11:00 PM

boca7667, interesting screen name.....what's it mean....

ratman 08-20-2006 11:37 PM

i have a 35 cigarette mistress i'll sell without power and drives you buy and rig the out boards its a hell of a wave crusher too

Sydwayz 08-21-2006 04:02 AM

If you are looking for a sport-deck or basically a full cabin boat, and not a center console or hybrid fishing boat; Powerplay is going to be your only real player in this particular space. Checkmate also made a few boats with the same configuration.
If you find one you like, make sure you LOVE it. They are not overly popular, and you will probably own the boat for a long time.

As far as being the best wave crusher and flatwater boat, you are basically asking for a Corvette that goes rock climbing. You need to determine which is more important to you, and make sure you test each individual boat you are thinking about buying. Setup with outboards varies INFINIATELY; much more than I/O boats. (i.e. HP, height, 2 vs. 3 motors, how far apart they are, how long are the verticle shafts, X-dimension, weight, balance, where the fuel tanks are located.) You are going to have to test each individual boat in each condition as each boat could be set up well, or a totally botched mess.

If you are open to a center-console with more of a fishing arrangment, Cigarette and Concept are very good players in this arena. Powerplay also made a few; but there are plenty of folks in this space now. Fountain, Donzi, and many others make center console outboard fishboats with SWEET cabins.

302Sport 08-21-2006 07:49 AM

How fast would a 33 Powerplay with 300X's be??????????

Pantera1 08-21-2006 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by boca7667
both fastest flat water and the best wave smasher???????????????

Very different activities ! I know of a 30 foot superboat tempest with built 300's , supposedly over 400 hp a piece that will go 92-93