Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Why do Fountains ride so good... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/138587-why-do-fountains-ride-so-good.html)

Back4More 08-22-2006 12:00 PM

Why do Fountains ride so good...

in "on coming" seas?
We came home from the Chicago Air and Water show on Saturday and were greeted by a stiff north wind and building seas to 3-5'
The tabs were set at halfway and she just motored through those suckas...we parked a 38' F****** on the way back.

Downtown42 08-22-2006 12:25 PM

Re: Why do Fountains ride so good...

beak? :evilb:

Jonas 08-22-2006 12:33 PM

REAGIE DESIGNED IT,, world record holder! :evilb:
its not a tub like ol's cigs etc.. :eek: :drink: :evilb:
just kidding
but the fountains sure do run good in that snot when you get on top and pour on the steam.

Dave M 08-22-2006 12:37 PM

OHHHH, this oughta be good. :evilb: :drink:

Schweeng 08-22-2006 12:41 PM

Cause you were in a lake with a lake boat?....

Jonas 08-22-2006 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by Schweeng
Cause you were in a lake with a lake boat?....

ahhhh that hurts,, :eek:
that was a good one, :drink:

Brad Zastrow 08-22-2006 12:58 PM

I was on the "Lake" in my lake boat that day as well. I can tell you Lake Michigan at 22,300 square miles can be some of the roughest, hardest to read waters in the world. I would love to be on the ocean instead. At least on the ocean the waves are all the same with no holes to drop in like the this little lake we boat on. It seems about every 25th wave is a rogue that looks like a wall of water coming at you with a very large hole behind it and another two waves behind almost as large. It is very tough to maintain a steady speed. You start to get confident thinking there just can not be more of those tidal waves coming and you start to build up speed and then another big one comes along.

Chris Sunkin 08-22-2006 01:03 PM

A few of the old-time races at Grand Haven were regarded as some of the worst water conditions in offshore racing history.

I've been in a few Fountains and have yet to have anyone ever suggest they were "wave crushers".

cigarette38topgun 08-22-2006 01:07 PM

Hey i love cigs/apaches, but i been on a 42 fountain and it was a nice/solid boat.......i think Rio Roses say's it all..........

Back4More 08-22-2006 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by Brad Zastrow
I was on the "Lake" in my lake boat that day as well. I can tell you Lake Michigan at 22,300 square miles can be some of the roughest, hardest to read waters in the world. I would love to be on the ocean instead. At least on the ocean the waves are all the same with no holes to drop in like the this little lake we boat on. It seems about every 25th wave is a rogue that looks like a wall of water coming at you with a very large hole behind it and another two waves behind almost as large. It is very tough to maintain a steady speed. You start to get confident thinking there just can not be more of those tidal waves coming and you start to build up speed and then another big one comes along.

Summed up very well.... :cool: