Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Drives are painted (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/138588-drives-painted.html)

thisistank 12-02-2006 02:10 PM

Re: Drives are painted

Roger, those look great! Can I send my 3A's to you for a little touch up!? :drink: :drink:

By the way, you have any extra prop shafts that look lilke yours lying around? :D

dmaxx3500 12-02-2006 02:31 PM

great job ,can you make me a couple of those stands,their better then any ive ever seen for sale

Doug 12-02-2006 11:18 PM

Just been hanging out Roger. Trying to keep up on whats been going on. Did you use an etching primer first on your drives. That's what was suggested to me and I thought I would do first. The local paint shop digitized the paint color with there camera and then matched it up to a PPG emeron.

Roger 1 12-02-2006 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by Doug
Just been hanging out Roger. Trying to keep up on whats been going on. Did you use an etching primer first on your drives. That's what was suggested to me and I thought I would do first. The local paint shop digitized the paint color with there camera and then matched it up to a PPG emeron.

I used PPG DP 90 epoxy primer followed by three coats of PPG Delstar acrylic enamel with DXR 80 catalist.

Roger 1 12-02-2006 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by thisistank
Roger, those look great! Can I send my 3A's to you for a little touch up!? :drink: :drink:

By the way, you have any extra prop shafts that look lilke yours lying around? :D

Touch up? How about I come out there with a spray can.

IT'S FREAKIN' COLD HERE!!!!!

No prop shafts. Fortunately, I did'nt have any extra parts after I got them back together. :D

Roger

Roger 1 12-02-2006 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by dmaxx3500
great job ,can you make me a couple of those stands,their better then any ive ever seen for sale

Thanks. Unfortunately, they are too labor intense to be competitive. Most people don't want to spend as much for the stands as they do the drives.

Roger

el indio 12-03-2006 12:49 PM

drives look great!!!!!!!!! Roger does a great job at whatever jobs he takes on....just the kind of person he is.......helped me out with a machine problem in my factory yesterday.....weld job was excellant......m.m......

Downtown42 12-03-2006 02:57 PM

Just look at Roger's hair grooming to see how neat and clean his manners are...sorry I had to again!!!!!! :evilb: :drink:

Roger 1 12-03-2006 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by el indio
drives look great!!!!!!!!! Roger does a great job at whatever jobs he takes on....just the kind of person he is.......helped me out with a machine problem in my factory yesterday.....weld job was excellant......m.m......

Thanks Mark. Great seeing you again.

Roger

Roger 1 12-03-2006 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by Downtown42
Just look at Roger's hair grooming to see how neat and clean his manners are...sorry I had to again!!!!!! :evilb: :drink:

LOL! The welding helmet is a little rough on it though. :D