Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Hardy Dam hot boat weekend (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/138640-hardy-dam-hot-boat-weekend.html)

Becca48838 09-01-2006 09:00 AM

Re: Hardy Dam hot boat weekend

Originally Posted by FOUNTAINIII
Is It Possible To Launch A 47 Fountain There,i Drove To Brower Park And The Ramp Is To Short Any Idea's

Oxbow has very nice ramps and they are wider and longer than Brower. I called and they said their ramp can handle it. They said that they have had house boats bigger than that launch there. $10 launch fee.

Magic Medicine 09-01-2006 09:43 AM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Becca48838
Oxbow has very nice ramps and they are wider and longer than Brower. I called and they said their ramp can handle it. They said that they have had house boats bigger than that launch there. $10 launch fee.

I saw you at Hardy when I was there in June. You have a beatiful boat. If you seen me in my checkmate stop and say hi.

sommerfliesby 09-01-2006 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by Ms PatriYacht
Thanks for the pics now I know why I am not going, tooooooooooo old I am :( I like the guy in the cape though:p

Ok so you guys will be rafted off, cramped together, forced to drink numerous beers, dive for beeds, and sleep in a tent; we will be flying down the Detroit River into lake St Clair and back again for a gormet dinner at a Yacht Club with a panoramic view of Lake Erie sipping a fine Chardonay, hmmm tough choice :drink:

Just kidding, you know I love ya and wish all these places were closer. KS Flyer came down this way in July and saw how much fun it can be. Next year I hope with some advance planning we can gather a group together for something out this way, gawd knows we have done our share of traveling. Have fun and see you soon :drink:

C'mon Donna....too old? I don't think that the girls at the "ahem" club we went to would think so! We'll definately be coming your way next year...we should be in Michigan most of the season.
mike

onesickpantera 09-01-2006 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by Ms PatriYacht
Ok so you guys will be rafted off, cramped together, forced to drink numerous beers, dive for beeds, and sleep in a tent; we will be flying down the Detroit River into lake St Clair and back again for a gormet dinner at a Yacht Club with a panoramic view of Lake Erie sipping a fine Chardonay, hmmm tough choice :drink:

If you're going to try and sound like you are too sophisticated for this type of gathering at least spell GOURMET correctly! ;) JUST KIDDING! :D:D:D

I am not up for this type of party every weekend. But, once a year at the end of the year I have to admit it's a lot of fun. And the racing up and down the river is a nice added bonus. :D

KSFLYER1 09-01-2006 11:59 AM

Donna,

1. You are NOT too old

2. If you plan something on Lake St. Clair-we will be there

3. Everything you plan is a success!

StraightJacket 09-01-2006 12:12 PM

I'm comming up on Friday afternoon. Not bringing the fast boat still waiting on the hull so I'm bringing the slower boat. My uncles Velocity.

Magic Medicine 09-01-2006 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by StraightJacket
I'm comming up on Friday afternoon. Not bringing the fast boat still waiting on the hull so I'm bringing the slower boat. My uncles Velocity.

What time you coming up? What size Velocity are you going to be in?

Zanie 09-01-2006 01:08 PM

I'm gettin' pretty Jacked about this, since my boat hasn't been to ANY kind of "event" in three years.

What time are yous guys from da Chicago area thinkin' of hittin' the road next Friday?
DS

AO31 09-01-2006 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by Zanie
I'm gettin' pretty Jacked about this, since my boat hasn't been to ANY kind of "event" in three years.

What time are yous guys from da Chicago area thinkin' of hittin' the road next Friday?
DS

I'm thinking after evening rush hours. Gotta work a full day first unless I skip the races thurs nite and put some extra time in.

Magic Medicine 09-01-2006 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by AO31
I'm thinking after evening rush hours. Gotta work a full day first unless I skip the races thurs nite and put some extra time in.

You better get there as early as possible before all the campsites fill up.