Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Hardy Dam hot boat weekend (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/138640-hardy-dam-hot-boat-weekend.html)

KAAMA 08-25-2006 07:24 AM

Re: Hardy Dam hot boat weekend

Originally Posted by sommerfliesby
This may be something to talk to the wife about....? How far a drive from Chi-town?

From the Indiana/Michigan state line you're looking at something like 160 miles. Come on up....and bring 10X (Frank) and some of the other guys from Chi-town with you.

sommerfliesby 08-25-2006 08:45 AM

PM me your digits Keith, I lost em on my phone somewhere! Boater's Beach this weekend, LOTO for Labor Day, and Hardy Dam the next! Livin' large this season, baby! We'll see if Michelle's up for the drive...what are accommodations like, camping? That's cool with us, what do you do with the boats overnight?

MAX VELOCITY 08-25-2006 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by Magic Medicine
When you going up?

I am goingn to try and get up there Thursday night if possible. If not, I will be there very early Friday morning.
I am still prop testing and dialing in the carbs, but overall the boat is running great. I spun my 30 labbed bravo 6200 and my 32 about 5700. I am going to try Craigs P5X and see how that works? I am trying to get around 5800-6000. I might just get a 31 labbed rushed in from throttle up for the weekend.

Car Biz 08-25-2006 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by noboat
I'll be a slow guy there! :cool:

It is a toss up for me if miranda and i go. If we do it will be sunday and i will be the slowest guy :D

baronmarine 08-25-2006 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by Car Biz
It is a toss up for me if miranda and i go. If we do it will be sunday and i will be the slowest guy :D

biz: make it saturday if you can. thats the best day. great time.
todd

KSFLYER1 08-25-2006 12:18 PM

Mike it is all camping. We beach our boat in a lagoon right at the campground. Some guys pull there boats out at night. The launch is in the park too. I'll call you tonight or tomorrow. It is best to show up before Saturday, because the campground fills up, Brower Park in Mecosta County if you want to look it up. KS

Magic Medicine 08-25-2006 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by sommerfliesby
This may be something to talk to the wife about....? How far a drive from Chi-town?

We can talk about this at boaters tomorrow. Great time! Mini Cumberland or LOTO!

Magic Medicine 08-25-2006 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by MAX VELOCITY
I am goingn to try and get up there Thursday night if possible. If not, I will be there very early Friday morning.
I am still prop testing and dialing in the carbs, but overall the boat is running great. I spun my 30 labbed bravo 6200 and my 32 about 5700. I am going to try Craigs P5X and see how that works? I am trying to get around 5800-6000. I might just get a 31 labbed rushed in from throttle up for the weekend.

I'm leaving sometime thursday for sure, see ya up there. How about the big pond this weekend or labor day!

AO31 08-26-2006 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by MAX VELOCITY

Max I got one if you need it 31.5 from a 30 merc lab lefty
keith

Becca48838 08-26-2006 08:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
First off, Hello to everyone! There are many Brower park seasonal campers that frequent this site and we are one of them. Lot 119. There has been much more buzz over hot boat weekend this year in the park and I think if the weather is nice it will be even bigger than last year. We have about a dozen people coming in our group and bringing their tents and campers early because Brower is first come first serve. So keep that in mind. Last year we had so many coolers full of beer we couldn't get our Sunsation 288 to plane out on our way to the cove.
Don't forget, BRING YOUR CASES OF BEADS!
https://emardigrasbeads.com
Here is our boat...