Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Just bought a boat storage and maintenance business (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/138657-just-bought-boat-storage-maintenance-business.html)

LAKESIDE RESTORATIONS 08-25-2006 09:09 AM

Re: Just bought a boat storage and maintenance business

Originally Posted by Dredgeking
Just to clarify a couple things, I do not operate a marina, at this time, and I don't want to be the cheapest. I want to be the least expensive. I don't have the overhead of a marina operation so I can be less expensive than the others. I don't think quality service costs any more to provide. So low quality low cost service is possible.

No problem. I always thought least expensive meant cheapest.. Now Competative is something else, and is a good thing.. Just my opinion..
I wasn't trying to be insulting... I agree good verbal service costs nothing to be good at or very little at least, example returning phone calls etc.... Good mechanical & technical service DOES cost money to have good tools, equipment, schooling & info, etc....

I do wish you good luck to you and your new business. I did not mean to offend anyone. I just run my business differently and am very selective in the clients I take on. The clients I have are usually not people that are interested in price alone. I base this on my personal experience being in business over the years. You to will find out the good and the bad about being a business owner as time goes on and the more you learn what works for you. I should know. I have made alot of changes since I opened my doors. Some things that seemed like a good idea 10 years ago ... would not even be consider by me today. Live and learn. J

bowtie 08-26-2006 12:09 PM

"So low quality low cost service is possible"
I hope you don't want to provide low quality service, apparently there's enough of that out there.

Perfectmix 08-26-2006 12:55 PM

Dredgeking:
Shoot me a PM, where you are starting your bus? I also do business in the Cheboygan area, not marine related but I know tons of people with boats and I have room to store many boats indoors. I was up there boating last weekend. I love the area. Good Luck
Josh

JB4Boyne 09-02-2006 12:36 AM

Dutchman Bay Storage in East Jordan charges $10 per linear for the winter.
Let me know what you come up with.

JB4Boyne 09-02-2006 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by offshore ginger
DREDGEKING & PERFECTMIX - do you know a engine builder by the name of steve martin ? PERFECTMIX - i also would like to know if there are many performance boat's in that area T.C.- CHEBOYGAN - CHARLEVOIX , ext ext ext , thank you G .G . :D

There is a Steve Martin that lives in Charlevoix.

Dredgeking 09-02-2006 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by bowtie
"So low quality low cost service is possible"
I hope you don't want to provide low quality service, apparently there's enough of that out there.

Huge typo on my part. HIGH quality, low cost. I haven't been getting the reply emails so I didn't know about my typo until this morning.