Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Myco vs Manning trailers, worth the $ ? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/138795-myco-vs-manning-trailers-worth-%24.html)

GO4BROKE 08-24-2006 08:23 PM

Re: Myco vs Manning trailers, worth the $ ?

I don't mind paying more it I'm getting something for my money, but if Manning would be good enough I would just as soon save the $$. As I said the Myco is 50% more expensive. Not sure I can justify that.

inknppr 08-24-2006 08:27 PM

I have an '06 Manning that I tow my 38 Top Gun and it is a great trailer!

ActiveThunder 08-24-2006 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by cuda
I don't think they are worth the extra bucks. One priced for a 22 Donzi, aluminum was double the price of a Continetal or similar trailer. I've never had any of them break on me. If you're the kind of person that has to have the name brand, just for name brand sake, then go for Myco.

The Myco is welded aluminum, not bolted cross-beams.

Big-big difference.

FOUNTAINIII 08-24-2006 08:29 PM

BUY THE MYCO TRAILER EACH MYCO IS BUILT IN A JIG FOR THE EXACT BOAT YOU WILL NOT FIND BETTER PAINT AND WORKMANSHIP AND THE TRAILER PULLS AWESOME SPEND THE EXTRA IF YOU CAN,GOOD LUCK AND BUY THE MYCO! :drink:

cosmic12 08-24-2006 08:34 PM

I have a steel pinted manning works just fine, actully very well after I put a myco style nose bunk on it. :cool:

ActiveThunder 08-24-2006 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by FOUNTAINIII
BUY THE MYCO TRAILER EACH MYCO IS BUILT IN A JIG FOR THE EXACT BOAT YOU WILL NOT FIND BETTER PAINT AND WORKMANSHIP AND THE TRAILER PULLS AWESOME SPEND THE EXTRA IF YOU CAN,GOOD LUCK AND BUY THE MYCO! :drink:

I agree with that if your boat rides better on a trailer than in the water.

customryder 08-24-2006 08:41 PM

the Manning is box channel, the Myco is c channel correct? the Manning looks better built to me.

cuda 08-24-2006 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by ActiveThunder
The Myco is welded aluminum, not bolted cross-beams.

Big-big difference.

Yeah, the biggest difference is welds break.

cuda 08-24-2006 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by FOUNTAINIII

I call BS on that statement. They'd have to have a shop the size of a county to hold that many jigs. I was in business one summer with a guy building trailers. We had one jig, and we had it where you could move post to change where the bend is. They'd have to have litterly thousands of jigs.

cuda 08-24-2006 09:04 PM

This is from another guy with the exact same trailer. He was worried about if his was going to do the same thing, so he called Myco about it. Here's what he has to say.

ok talked to Don King.. he wants my trailer to fix some support stuff and fix the trailer floating problem, ....

means i got to tow it 200 miles up and back what a pain in sss... :mad:

what should i do... :confused:

should a bought a bolt together trailer for 1/4 the price.. :mad: